Chapter 26

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Mareng Vlance!" Tantan cheerfully greeted Vlance.

"Tantan?" Vlance's brows furrowed.

"Why is he with you?" She then looks at me and asked.

"Si pareng Duke ang tatay ko," Tantan answered with too much excitement.

"Woooah! You have a son?" she looks favorably astounded.

"The great and mighty Duke got someone pregnant? Where's the Mr. So Perfect? I
bet, he's not so perfect after all." I just let it slip away; I don't have the energy to explain.

I was quiet the whole time while the two were just enjoying each other's time as they rowdily romped and played with each other until Tantan gets tired and fell asleep halfway through the ride.

Vlance got uncomfortable with the deep silence and that was the time she turned on the radio.

"Showbitz Balita! Anne Tarantantan, ang inyong lingod! At ako naman and inyong Mommy Inday, ang tsismosang hatid ay pawang katotohanan lamang! Vlance, the trouble-ious princess muli nanaman inaresto ng mga pulis. Her case this time— Illegal Drug Possession. Oh my God, Mommy Inday! Palala na ng palala ang mga kinasasangkutan nito si Vlance, napaka talentadong bata ngunit napakakontrobersyal!"

I noticed that she drops her head and bit her lower lip. She looks uncomfortable. so I switch the station but no matter where I switch, the hot topic of the media all the same and nothing but her, so I just ended up switching off and just continued driving quietly.

I took another glimpse at her and this time, I could feel that she wanted to say something but she's just hesitant. So I initiated and begin to speak, calmly without any hint of madness.

"Are you okay?" Her eyes were filled with bemusement.

"Are you mad?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm mad..."

"But I'm not mad at you." I'm mad because she's just fine with other men befriending her.

"Vlance, can you do me a favor? Could you please, stay away from any trouble? Can you avoid that... Please?" I'm starting to get anxious hearing news about her getting into trouble. What if something bad happens to her? I don't get it why I'm now starting to get worried about her. What the fuck is wrong with me?

She just nodded unwillfully as she was shuffling the playing cards that she was playing with the other prisoners a while ago.

---

Morning came.

I called for my lawyers to resolve Vlance's case about the illegal possession of drugs. I was able to get her out of the jail real quick because of our great influence. Yes, I admit, the status between rich and poor had never been so fair.

After talking with the lawyers, I went on to check on the two. I let Tantan sleep in the same room with her. I slowly open the door and there I saw Tantan was peacefully sleeping alone on Vlance's bed. Where did she go?

I heard her phone rang so I quickly took it to put it in silent mode so Tantan won't get disturbed but I accidentally swipe the answer button and someone begins talking. His voice was mad. I checked the phone screen to find out who he was— It was her manager.

"Vlance! Ano nanaman ba ang kalokohan ang pinaggagawa mo!? I've been calling since yesterday and you keep on ignoring my calls. Your concert tour to Alaska is nearly approaching and there you are, messing around! Did you know that five of our sponsors had already terminated the contracts with us because of your bad behaviors? Kunti na lang, Vlance! Kunti na lang! I'm on the verge of terminating your contract with me!"