Part 6

Jasmine's POV/Normal POV
Daniel helped me sneak around the house so that I could avoid Lando until today. We were on our way to the paddock and Danny walked me to the McLaren garage before we parted ways as he now was home, at Red Bull. 

I walked in with my fingers on my lips in a way of telling the mechanics not to say anything about me being there. Zak knew what was planned and so did the media managers at McLaren who promised to capture the moment for us. I see Lando with his back turned talking to Will, his race engineer and Will sees me and motions for me to go to his drivers room. Will was in on the plan and helped me sort everything out in order to get the best reaction. I quickly found his room and took a seat on the couch with a media person in the corner recording.

Lando POV
I was talking to Will and then we headed to my drivers room for some last minute reaction warm ups. Will's been acting a bit weird this weekend, like something is off with him but now I think about it, so has everyone else. Especially today, it's like they're hiding something from me. 

We made it to my room and when I opened the door I was shocked to my core. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, it just didn't feel real. 

She stood up and wrapped her ams around my neck bringing me back to reality as I wrap my arms around her tightly taking in her scent "I missed you so much" I whisper in her ear making her pull me closer if that's even possible.

So many thoughts were rushing through my brain. Why is she here? How is she here? Is this why everyone has been weird? But none of that mattered now, all that mattered was that she was here. The girl I've loved since I was 8 years old and will always love, my best friend, my rock, the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with but am to scared to make a move on. Jasmine Fewtrell.

Jasmine POV/Normal POV
I was sat in Lando's drivers room when the door opened and he stood there in shock and the look on his face made me smile from ear to ear. I stood up and immediately wrapped my arms around him with my eyes starting to water. God have I missed this man! "I've missed you so much" Lando says making me hug him tighter. I probably nearly suffocated him but who cares, we were together again. After a few minutes we both pull away and everyone leaves us alone for a bit before the race starts. "I'll send you the photo's and video later Jasmine" Amy (the media creator) says and I thank her as she leaves. 

"How are you here?' Lando asks as we both sit on his couch "Hum, it was Daniels idea, he said you were acting different but then every time after you spoke to me, he would say that you were normal so he flew me out here to be with you!" "I'm glad your here, do you want to go out tonight? To celebrate?" "Sure, but I need to go shopping then for an outfit!" "Don't go alone, you'll probably get lost because your bad with maps" "Says you Mr I'm bad at geography" I say laughing "I'll probably take Lily with me, we've been keeping in touch!" "Have fun, but please watch the race from my garage first!" Lando asks begging with pleading eyes "I'll watch with your grandparents" I say as we walk out so he can prepare for the race.

I walk our to Lando's grandparents who greet me with a loving smile "Jasmine, dear, I didn't know you were coming this weekend?" His nan says hugging me "I thought I could surprise him, well it was daniels idea!" "Awww hes a lovely boy daniel!" His grandad says and we all agree as it's lights out.

One word to describe this race is chaos, utter chaos.  Kevin Magnussen had contact with the wall on lap 43 leaving debris on the track causing a red flag. The next few laps were under the safety car and restarted on lap 57 but soon had to be red flagged again due to multiple incidents on turns 1 and 2. Nyck De Vries and Logan Seargent went off track on turn 1 and the two Alpines made contact at turn 2. The FIA decided that there wasn't enough time to restart the race with not enough remaining laps so that was the final race result.