Chapter 26: The Origin of Darkness

-Third Person POV-

Shintaro...

After Vangelis conquered the Kingdom and enslaved the inhabitants, he commanded all the Munce and Geckles, who have been crystallised, to mine all the vengestones that were still in the mines of Shintaro.
As for the Shintarians, who has also been crystallised, were reconstructing the wreckage and they were also constructing new batches of vengestone statues that would later become crystal warriors.

Vangelis was on his throne with the all the corrupted Shintarian guards, and next to the Shintarian king were the three corrupted Upplys. Fungus, Plundar and Adam.
Very soon, the Scythe of Corrupted Quakes began to glow which irritated Vangelis' eyes a bit. Sensing who was contacting him, Vangelis placed the Scythe in front of him, which eventually showed the Crystal King.

"My Lord." Vangelis kneeled.

"Vangelis." The Overlord spoke. "Just as I predicted, you've retaken your Kingdom."

"Of course." Vangelis answered. "It would be foolish not take back what is mine."

The Overlord then frowned. "You say that, and yet... your daughter, Vania and three of her companions managed to escape your grasp."

The tone of the Overlord's voice made Vangelis clenched his fist and for a few seconds, hold his breath out of fear. Although Vangelis tried to give an explanation, the fear the Dark Lord instilled was unlike anything he has ever experienced. Making an excuse was nearly impossible.

"Whether you let her go or not is no longer important." The Overlord said.

This made Vangelis sigh out of extreme relief, but that wouldn't last long because...

"I have a new mission for you. You will lead an army to Metalonia, and eliminate the Earth Ninja and the rest of the people who have yet to be corrupted." The Overlord explained.

"Yes, My Lord." Vangelis stuttered. "It shall be done."

"I certainly hope so... for your sake. Especially if you have to confront your daughter once more." The Overlord glared. "I hope your relationship with her will not stand in the way."

Vangelis didn't say anything for a brief moment. "N-No... Vania means nothing to me." His voice was unclear.

The Overlord immediately noticed, but he let it slide for now. "Hmm, this shall be your GREATEST test of loyalty."

"Vania will be taken care off. And the Earth Ninja and his worthless friends shall die by my hands." Vangelis bowed.

"Do not disappoint me." The Overlord warned.

With that, the Crystal King vanished and Vangelis picked up his Scythe.

Vangelis raised his Scythe. "BEAST!!!"

His personal dragonide came to him, and Vangelis mounted the beast and prepared a final assault on the Kingdom of Metal.

______________________________________

After a long unpleasant trip, Cole and all who were in Stiix finally arrived at their destination. The homeland of the Original Master of Metal. The Ancient Kingdom of Metalonia.
Cole gazed upon at the city he would one day visit after making a promise with some friends. Sadly, this wasn't the perfect time since he wanted it be a vacation rather than an refuge for him and the people of Ninjago City. Regardless, he still was amazed to see the mighty kingdom.

"First time here?" Ronin asked.

"Yeah..." Cole uttered.

"Uh, Ronin? I think we got some companies." Dyer pointed at two incoming jets.