Chapter 16: City in Distress

-Third Person POV-

Ninjago City...

A lot of people in the city were panicking because of the news report. Seeing another disaster was upon them, many people were in disarray. And things got did not get any better because...

"Look, guys!" A pedestrian uttered. "It's the Old Geezer! The Brother of the Devil!"

Wu arrived at Ninjago City. As he was making his way to the Commissioner, many people who he passed by all stared at the old master. Very soon, some of the people began throwing cans at Wu to which he responds by casually deflecting them with his staff. Because he isolated himself for a year, he wasn't aware about the riots against the Ninja and was a little confused at their action. But that didn't matter to him since he was focused on meeting the police at the station.

However that would all change because...

As Wu was making his way, he saw many police cars and a few trucks pass by him. Wu saw noticed the leading car had the Commissioner in it. Wu wondered where they were heading, he then looked at their direction, only to see Borg Tower.
Wu was little confused on why they would head there, but he didn't question it right now and just ran to Borg Tower as fast as he could.

Borg Tower...

Wu finally arrived at Borg Tower where he saw a few cars and all of the trucks parked in front of the building. He quickly ran into the tower and saw the Commissioner and Cyrus Borg.

"Wu!" Borg exclaimed. "You're here!?"

"I came here to speak with the Commissioner. The city is in great danger." Wu answered.

"I know, Wu. I saw the report, and the Mayor has called me get all of the artefacts out of the city." The Commissioner replied, this surprised both Wu and Cyrus Borg.

"So that's why you and the police are here. But what reason does he have to move the artefacts elsewhere?" Wu asked.

"Because Aspheera's staff was stolen here previously, and now the Mayor believes the crystal army are after the rest of the powerful artefacts." The Commissioner explained.

The explanation made Wu worried and a little confused. "This doesn't make sense. They stole Aspheera's staff, but what about the others? Why wouldn't they take all of it in the first place when they attacked Borg Tower." Wu asked.

The Commissioner sighed. "Look, I don't know as much as you. But all we know is that the floating island is making it's way to the city. So I gotta get going and help the others with the artefacts." He then walked away.

"Cyrus, what if the Mayor is wrong? What if the Overlord is after the city itself." Wu said.

The last sentence shocked Cyrus Borg. "The Overlord!?!"

Wu nodded. "Yes, he has returned. Stronger than ever, and that's why I came here to the city. To warn the Commissioner and prepare the city for the attack."

"I see. But don't worry too much, the Mayor has already assembled the Police Force and the Neo Ninja to defend the city." Borg explained. "But about the Ninja? Where are they?" He asked.

"The Ninja are preparing everything for an assault against the Overlord. They will be here soon." Wu answered.

"I hope. I don't know how long we could hold." Borg said.

Cyrus Borg wasn't wrong, the crystal warriors were nearly indestructible. Completely immune to Elemental powers and the dark crystals caused all electronics to malfunction.

Wu sighed. "I know. Which is why I need a few things from you."

"Sure. What is it you need?" Borg asked.