19) birthday bash

'but if i just showed up at your party, would you have me? would you want me? would you tell me to go fuck myself? or lead to me the garden?' - taylor swift

ARABELLA'S POV;

today is august 13th. which just so happens to be my birthday.

i'm staying in mum and thiago's house and charles, carlos, daniel, oscar and max are coming over tonight. mum and thiago are excited to see them.

i considered asking lando if he wanted to come but things would just be awkward if he did. i hated him. so much it was becoming unbearable.

"happy birthday belle." mateo says, walking into my room and laying on my bed beside me. he gets underneath the comforter and lays his head onto a pillow.

"thanks teo." i say with a smile on my face.

"are you excited for your party tonight?" mateo asks, clicking at the keys on my laptop that's open on my bed.

"i am very excited." i say and turn on my side, looking at him, "do you wanna go out for breakfast?" i ask him.

"you're paying." he says, pointing his index finger at me before running to his room to get dressed.

i drag myself over to my closet and start looking through a pile of clothes that's laid on the floor.

i eventually end up finding white linen pants and a navy blue tube top. i pair it with sandals and gold jewelry.

"teo, you ready?" i ask, grabbing my car keys and putting on some more mascara

"mhm." he hums, getting out of his room and running down the stairs.

after a bunch of singing and laughing in the car, we finally arrive at the breakfast place. we get a nice seat beside the window and we sit down.

"why'd you break up with lando?" mateo asks and i almost choke on the water that's in my mouth.

"what?" i ask him, even thought i've already heard him clearly.

"you know what i said belle." he says, giving me a look.

"how did you know that?" i ask him and he shrugs. "i have really good hearing." he answers.

"i heard you arguing with him at talia's wedding and i heard everything you said." he says, looking down at the plate in front of him.

"you do understand why i argued with him about it, right?" i ask.

"mhm." he hums, "if it makes you feel better; i ripped every picture i have of him in my room and i ripped his signature." he says with a shrug and i laugh.