12) him

'i was nowhere to be found, i hate the crowds, you know that. plus i saw you dance with him.' - taylor swift

ARABELLA'S POV;

"you're cheating!" mateo argues and throws his uno cards on the bed.

mateo, lando and i are playing uno in lando's room and i'd just won. "am not!" i argue.

"i fucking swear you shove cards up your ass!" mateo says and i make a shocked expression.

"mateo alejandro gonzalez." i put my hand over my heart sarcastically, "never swear at your older sister." i add.

"exactly alejandro." lando teases, "never swear at your sister."

"you two are acting like an old couple." mateo says before getting up, "i'm going to sleep. buenas noches." he says.

"goodnight pollito." i say and he leaves the room, shutting the door.

"pollito?" lando makes a confused expression.

"his dad calls me pollito, so i call mateo 'pollito' sometimes." i explain and lando's eyes look interested in what i have to say.

"okay pollito." he shrugs and i laugh. "do you wanna stay in my room tonight? let mateo have some peace?" he asks.

mateo had been sleeping in my room for as long as he's been here and i've been sleeping on the couch.

"fine." i give in and a smile is now on his lips.

"no way arabella grace is doing something i implied?" he teases and hit him in his face with a pillow, "shut up." i say.

"shut up." lando mimics and laughs.

"you're like my favorite person in the house, you know that?" i say and i immediately regret it. i go silent.

"i'm you're favorite?" he asks and i nod.

i immediately feel butterflies in my stomach. i guess you could say i liked lando. love even. there was something about him that made my mind go fuzzy and like there was nobody else in the world but him.

"thats cute." he says going into the bathroom and i lay on my stomach, propped up on my elbows. "am i not your favorite?" i ask, playfully.

"not even close." he jokes and sits back on the bed. i hit his arm and he laughs, "i'm kidding." he says. "you're definitely my favorite."

"did you hear that talia's getting married." i tell him. lando, charles, oscar, carlos, max and daniel are really close to my family and talia invited them to the wedding too.

"yeah. her and lionel, right?" lando asks, changing into a pair of grey sweatpants.

"am i the only one who she didn't tell?" i look over at him.

TALIA 🤍

arabella
am i the only one u didn't tell about
ur fancy weddding?