15) disenchantment

prepare for a long chapter filled with drama and some heartbreak 😘😜

'it turned into something bigger. somewhere in the haze, got a sense i'd been betrayed.' - taylor swift

ARABELLA'S POV;

excitement filled my body. i couldn't wait. i'd been waiting for this moment for the whole racing season.

everyone july or august, all of the drivers, team principals and everyone that works with a formula one team go out for a night. it's kinda like the prom but with a bunch of adults.

i've had my dress planned out of weeks now. it's a purple satin dress with a slit over one the legs. i've had my eyes on it for so long but i'd never had an occasion to wear it. but i had to order it considering that it was perfect for the party.

"morning." i say, walking downstairs the morning of the party with the biggest smile on my face.

"why do you look so happy?" daniel asks, sitting on the stool at the island.

"because tonight is the party," i explain, the same smile still on my face, "my favorite night of the year."

"i kinda forgot about that to be honest." daniel laughs.

for me, the party with every formula one team was better than christmas. it was the one night that there was no stress. and the night to mark the beginning of summer break.

"i have the nicest dress ever and i have a bunch of stylists coming over." i say. the party starts at seven and we usually leave after midnight.

"can't wait." daniel says before leaving.

after having breakfast, i walk to lando's room and he's on his phone. "hey." i close the door.

"morning love." he says, putting his phone down and when i sit beside him, he pulls me onto his lap so that i'm facing him. "love?" i ask him with a confused expression.

"mhm." he hums before planting a soft kiss on my lips. "i can't wait to see how stunning you're gonna look tonight.

i roll my eyes and laugh, "such a flirt."

"you're gorgeous, you know that?" he plants another kiss on my lips.

"of course i know that." i say with a smirk and lando starts to kiss my neck, "no marks," i say pushing his face away gently, "i gotta go shower."

i get up. "can i come?" lando asks and i turn around, rolling my eyes.

"nope." i answer, popping the p, "you're gonna go get ready because i have high expectations for tonight."

"love you!" he calls before i leave his room.

"i know!"

sitting in a chair for four hours straight is torcher to me. i'm sat in the chair and it's five o' clock.