Part 3

Today was one of the most important exciting nerve-wracking days for me and the rest of the cast. It was the first big premiere of the movie. It was to be premiering at the canns film festival in the south of France. To say I was nervous was an understatement in itself.  I was sweating. I was so nervous I had to take deep breaths just to keep myself from passing out. I did manage to keep it together while doing interviews and the whole red carpet thing. Once in the building, I seem to have calmed down a bit more and enjoyed myself. After talking with people, we all took our seats and watched the movie. When it was about halfway through the Vegas residentcy part, people stood up and started cheering and applauding it lasted for a grand total of 11 minutes straight. After it was all over, people came up to me and told me that I did a fantastic job and that even elvis himself would be proud of me. Once all the craziness of the day was over, I was finally able to breathe and soak it all in. I even found myself at one point looking up and pointing my finger to the sky as to say to elvis, "I did this for you and your family. I sat on a bench outside the venue and just couldn't stop smiling and thinking to myself about what elvis would say about the movie. I just hope that I did him justice and made him proud in some kind of way. After about 25 minutes of sitting alone, I heard a voice, "Mind if I join you?" I looked up and saw that Lisa Marie was standing there, so I said "yeah you can. We sat there for a while, just talking about how her dad would react to the movie. She even said that she thought that he would be proud and honored to have had me play him. We stood up, and I gave her a big hug and told her that I hoped she enjoyed the rest of the night. I then walked back to the car that was waiting for me and went back to the hotel and went straight to bed since I was exhausted from all the craziness of the day.