Spelling Test

6
── ── ── ──
"Do you feel ashamed
When you hear my name?"
── ── ── ──

Jo had just walked into the fire station from the school bus, that runs through a neighborhood right behind the fire station. It was a normal thing for her to do, especially on days when Chris had an after-school activity. It was easier for Carla or whoever to pick Chris up and then go to the fire station to pick Jo up and then take the two home. Or vice versa, Josie's already with Eddie so all they would need to do is pick up Chris and go home.

Josephine walked up the stairs of the firehouse and to the kitchen to find her father, Hen, and Bobby all sitting at the bar discussing something, very intensively. Jo's eyes looked over the room when she heard the unfamiliar voice of a red-headed woman with a cameraman following close behind her.

Jo eyes the woman as she finally makes it to the bar stool she sits at almost every day. "Who's that?" Her eyes point to the woman who is talking to Buck and Chim.

Her father walks over to her and gives her a small kiss on the head before sitting down next to her. They haven't talked about Josephine's nightmares since that night. She's still having them but they have been reduced to maybe 4 times a week. Which I guess may be better.

"Taylor Fucking Kelly." Hen sighs out earning a glare from Bobby, and a chuckle from Eddie. "God I hate her, and I don't hate many people."

"What's she doing here?" Jo throws her book bag onto the bar and starts digging out her homework.

Bobby sighs as he pulls out his Mac and cheese. "We saved her life and now she thinks she owes us a story or something. Which none of us want except maybe Chim or Buck."

"That's because Buck likes her. It's obvious." All four of them watch as the woman flirts with the oblivious blonde-headed boy. It's clear that the redhead is trying to flirt her way through Buck to get a good story out of the firehouse and that infuriates Jo.

Especially with the Bucks' history with women.

Eddie turns to Josie with a serious look on his face. "If she tries to talk to you, you ignore her. Got it?"

"Dad, I can't just ignore the women. I'll be polite but I won't have a full conversation with her." Eddie nods at her daughter and turns back around so his facing away from Bobby and out to Taylor who is now approaching the 4 of them.

"Oh goodie." Hen mumbles and dives her face into a book.

Taylor smirks at Eddie who gives a fake smile back. The woman turns her attention to the brunette girl who sits next to him sorting through homework. "I haven't met you before, you must be Josephine Louise Diaz"

And that's when the hatred started.

Research on everyone is crazy.

Josie swings around with squinted eyes and a smirk painting her face. She makes eye contact with Taylor and then over to her cameraman. "The one and only. And you are?" Jo says with a cocky tone and a head tilt.

Taylor sticks out her head to shake Jo's, who looks the girl up and down before reaching out to shake her hand. "Taylor, Taylor Kelly with Skywitness News."

Jo nods her head slowly at the woman while rolling her lips in her mouth. "Oh. I don't watch the news. It's boring." Jos digs which earns a smirk from her father and a snort from Hen and Bobby.