Restarting

12

── ── ── ──
"There were times apart and times together
I was pledged to her for worse or better
When it mattered most I let her down
That's the way it goes, it'll all work out"
── ── ── ──

Weeks had gone by since her birthday.

A whole month had passed and since then Jo had made some new friends.

Surprisingly.

Grace, a blonde skinny girl, lived in a huge house with a huge pool and a huge room. She lived with her younger brother and her 2 parents. Her life was perfect.

No plot twist.

Her parents fought a normal amount of time, she and her brother argued but always made up. She loved everyone and everyone loved her.

She was living the life.

Finn was a tall fit boy with shaggy hair that was long but not too long. The two met in math class the week after her birthday. The two were pretty well-matched except for the obvious points.

She was a loner, an outcast, a freshman.

He was popular, a sophomore, cute, and had a popular girlfriend.

A star player on the football and baseball teams.

I mean Taylor Swift wrote Love Story about the two.

The three sat outside in Finn's car waiting for Eddie and Gracie's parents to show up to take them home. Finn had offered to take them both home but the two girls knew that if a guy that neither of the parents had met, had dropped them off. Their life would be pretty much over.

"Where's Lexi?" Jo asked as she slumped down in the passenger seat and followed the little icon that showed her father's location.

"Math tutorials. Said she failed her quiz, but I think she failed it on purpose." He says watching Jo with careful eyes. He liked Josie. Well, he liked Grace too, and Lexi. But there was something about Josephine that just pressed a button.

A good one, of course.

"Why the hell would she fail it on purpose?" Grace asked, laying back in her seat.

Finn shrugged and looked towards Jo's father's car pulled into the parking spot he always picks her up in. The perfect spot to not see her sitting in his car, skipping 8th period.

"I think she likes knowing that people think she's dumb. But she's not, she's actually really smart."

Jo breathes in a big yawn and starts to gather her book bag and hoodie that was currently laid on the dashboard.

The two other people watch her, alternating between her and the time.

5 minutes till the bell rings.

Jo pulls on the door anyway.

"You're leaving already? The bell hasn't rang yet! He'll know you skipped." Grace presses and grabs her bags, cause if Jo's leaving then so is she.

Jo shrugs, throwing her backpack around her shoulder. "I'll just tell him Mr. Klein let me out early. It's fine."

Finn and Jo make eye contact, a silent way of saying bye. Jo shuts the door shut, while slightly ducking behind the car so her father wouldn't see her.

"You've changed Josie," Gracie says lowly as she creeps up behind Jo.