29~Nostalgia

I don't know why I agreed to stay at Jay's house for Christmas.

Maybe because I was just craving company and resenting solitude?

I just didn't want to be alone.

I don't want to seem intrusive. I mean Christmas is a very family oriented holiday. I don't want to cramp their style.

"I really don't have to come. I can stay by myself" he doesn't reply, but he shoots me a look that tells me everything I need to know.

We pull into the familiar Felix estate and the thought of escaping lingers in my mind.

As we reach the massive front door I start to get fidgety.

What was I thinking. I can't spent Christmas with the Felix's. That's weird.

Just then he holds my hand and the butterflies in my stomach let me know that they've started a circus.

"I hate when you do that" he says as he rings the doorbell.

Despite the snow and the gushes of ice cold wind, the burn in my hand ignites a fire in me.

When did I become a hopeless romantic?

The door swings open and one of the many butlers takes my bag even after my protests.

The house smells like fresh baked cookies.

Every inch of the mansion is covered in Christmas decorations and my jaw almost drops when I see the giant Christmas tree with a million presents underneath.

A sad smile plays on my lips and I blink back the tears that threaten to spill.

The nostalgic feeling washes over me. I miss Christmas with my parents.

I miss the way we would scream all I want for Christmas at the top of our lungs.

I miss our snowball fights that lasted till our hands were blue and numb.

I miss trying to watch every Christmas movie till we fall asleep on the couch.

I miss baking cookies and leaving them out for Santa, knowing fully well my dad eats them everytime.

I miss opening the poorly wrapped gifts.

All things I will never get back.

I snap out of my patheticness when Jay's dad runs towards me in an apron that says 'kiss the chef' with Damon right behind him in an apron of his own, both holding a tray of cookies.

"Prada you have to try my cookies and confirm they are way better that Damon's shitty sugar cookies" Mr Felix says and I smile at their childishness.

"Okay" I try both of their cookies and I ponder on it.

"They both taste exactly the same"

"But which one is better?" Damon persists.

"Why don't you ask Jay?"

"God forbid I ask Jay to judge anything I do. He'll tear you to pieces" he whispers the last part.

"True" Jay agrees and I look between the trays in confusion.

"I think I'll have to go with Damon. For presentation" I say.

"Ha! Pay up"

"I'm not paying shit" they bicker their way back to the kitchen.

"I like your family" I announce.

"Well that makes one of us. Let me show you your room" he leads me up the stairs to I kid you not, a room as big as 2 classroom's joined together.