Eat.

F.Team Captain x JV.Reader

{P.S very inspired by the show YellowJackets}
{Lots of gore, gagging, generally gross}

   With a tired sigh, she pulled her backpack out of her locker, getting ready to go home. Practice had left her... tired to say the least.
   Though she was no softball pro, making JV at a school like hers was still a feat... of course, there was varsity, but at this point they were at royalty level; all of them with D1 scholarships or multiple schools vying for their skills. It was no wonder they were going to Nationals for the fourth time. It'd be the seniors last year, and they weren't leaving highschool without that trophy, that's for sure.

   Luckily, the coaches had allowed the senior JV girls to come on the trip too, to watch if they wanted to. Y/N decided to go, couldn't hurt to take a little 'school spirit' vacation for her sport; besides, she'd just hang out with her friends anyways.

    "Hey Y/N!"
    Her mind was drawn out of her thoughts at the sound, turning her head behind her to see none other than... Danica Vales.
    She was the queen of this sport. Team captain and star pitcher for varsity, her batting average being out of this world and her grades nothing less than godly. Not only that, but her looks were perfect. Never did Danica have a bad hair day, never did she lose her glistening tan and her face was just plain beautiful. She was the ideal teen dream; what the guys wanted, who the girls wanted to be.

  And for some reason... she was talking to me?

    For a second, the h/c stared like a deer in the headlights (honestly surprised Danica even knew her name), while the brunette just stood waiting for an answer with a bright smile- all her teeth perfectly straight and white.

   "Oh!- Hey!" Y/N managed to stumble out, awkwardly standing, very different to Danica's confident posture.
   "Hey! So, I know the flight for nationals is tomorrow and all... but there's a party going down at the lake tonight. You down?" She asked with a tilt of her head, making her ponytail swish.
   Y/N blinked, bewildered by all of this- other girls in the locker room watched just as shocked. Danica Vales talking to Y/N L/N? It was a crazy thing to see, especially since nobody even knew who Y/N L/N was.

   "Uh- yeah! Sounds good." Y/N shrugged, trying to act casual and hide her nervousness in talking to such an influential girl.
    "Perf! See you there!" Danica grinned, giving her a wave before walking away with a bounce in her step.

    "When did you get friends in high places?" Molly, the second baseman and friend Y/N had made through playing, snickered.
    Y/N shrugged and gave a breathy laugh, finishing grabbing things. "Right now, I guess. I've only talked to varsity girls a few times- nonetheless Danica fuckin' Vales." She shook her head in disbelief, Molly giving her a clap on the back.
   "Well, maybe she's seen how good of a catcher you are, yanno?" Molly laughed and Y/N snorted, rolling her eyes.
   "No way. I'm child's play compared to Trisha."

    Trisha; another big name. Catcher for varsity and all around the last bitch you wanted to mess with. She stood at a hefty 6'2 and every bit of it was filled with muscle. Plus, her arm was stronger than everyones... and it most certainly correlated into how hard she could punch. Plus plus, her and Danica had been besties since freshman year; Trisha was like Danica's damn body guard.
   So, in short, there was no way she was recognizing Y/N when Trisha was in the picture.

   "Anyways," She sighed, walking out of the locker room with Molly, "the party will probably be fun. Wanna come? It'll be boring by myself." Y/N asks and Molly gives a nod with a grin.
   "Hell yeah! Free alcohol is a yes from me any day."