Once Upon A Dream

M.Manipulative x Reader
{Mental Illness}

     Wedding bells chimed as petals flew through the air, music playing from the orchestra in the grand garden.
    A giddy smile crossed her lips, clutching the bouquet in her hands, the veil over her face concealing her dolled up features.
    Nobles from all over the country had come to see this wedding and the common folk were celebrating their queen. But the queen title didn't matter to Y/N, she just wanted her soon to be husband, her love.

    While most weddings at the time we're done for alliances and power, this was just pure love.

    Eyes from foreign, but somehow familiar faces were all locked on her as she walked down the aisle, the train of her white dress trailing behind her.
    She was nervous and wanted to just sprint to her fiancé, but kept her composure.

    The king smiled down at her as she walked to the podium, watching as she walked up the two small steps before facing him.

    Y/N squeezed her bouquet tighter as the priest started to initiate their elopement, her e/c eyes peering up from the veil at his stunning green ones, his auburn hair tied back behind his head.
   "You may kiss the bride." The priest said happily, the veil slowly being raised off her face by her soon-to-be.

     The cold sun touched her skin, the day was beautiful.
    She smiled radiantly, glancing up at the sky and it's grey color.
    Her smile faded.

    "My love?" The king cupped her cheek, bringing her eyes back to him. "Are you alright?"

    "I-" She stuttered, the sky- the sun- "Why isn't it warm?"
    The sun was on her face, yet her body was cool. The multiple layers of dress did not feel thick or warm, they felt thin, like she wasn't wearing all these layers at all.
    Her mind began to spin, as she took a shaky step back, looking at the crowd now.

    All of them still smiled, unfazed by what was happening. "Who are those people?" She asked, noticing the blur to their faces. They were so familiar, every single one, yet something just wasn't right. They were off. Why were they strange?

    "You may kiss the bride!" The priest repeated again, bringing Y/N's eyes back to the priest who still stood beaming.

   "My dear please, your being irrational, nothing is wrong." Her husband said.
    "No no- no it is wrong- it's-... it's... what's... what's your name...?" She asked slowly. What's her husbands name? Why didn't she know that?

    He didn't respond, and the sun started to grow  in size, it's harsh lighting making her squint as her breathing picked up. What was happening!?
   The world started to fade, the sky darkening, the people fading out of focus, all of it, out of focus.
   Her back started to hurt, feel cold. Like cold metal, specifically.
   "Why is the sun cold?!"  She screeched, tears blossoming in her eyes as she gripped the bouquet in terror. The bouquet gripped her back, making her look down to see they weren't flowers at all- it was a hand now wrapped around hers.
  Y/N screamed as the world around her faded away, losing the ability to move her arms and legs.

   "Sedative!" Someone yelled, a sharp pain cutting into her shoulder only causing her panic to down spiral. She thrashed against the restraints that held her to the metal table, her movements slowly dying down as the world faded again, but this time, into black.