Step Into My Parlor

F.Spider x Fairy.Reader
{Death}

    Soft brown wings were folded onto the fairy's back, her big e/c eyes looking at the gleaming light above while she sat in the shade of a bush.
   Like other moth fairy's, the night was when they thrived, normally resting throughout the day, but not Y/n. The fairy would hide in the shadows all day, watching the butterfly fairy's work. Their beautiful wings would sparkle and glimmer in the sun while they brought flowers from their winter slumber; whilst Y/N could only care for the mushrooms in the dark of night.

    Envy had rooted itself deep inside her, wanting nothing but to be like them, sparkling and bringing beauty to the forest. A small frown played on her lips when she remembered that's something she'd never be able to do.

Her eyes widened as she watched a gentle pink petal fall from one of the flowers, landing right in front of her. For a second, she merely stared, her wings rubbing together slightly....
I could prove to them... prove to them that I'm like them...

The thought made her grin, and she stood from her spot, walking to the petal, into the light.
The sun made her eyes squint and her antennae twitch- it was harsh on her... but she would survive.

The moth's little hands wrapped around the stem of the petal, her wings spreading as dust sprinkled off them.
    With a powerful flap, she sent herself upwards, having to move her wings extra since the petal was quite heavy for a creature of her size.

As she flew to the pink flower that the petal came from, the butterfly's began to stare at the moth, looks of disgust and repulsion covering their faces.
Y/N swallowed thickly, nervousness starting to set in her chest... but she stayed determined, her eyes fixated on the pink flower. She would mend the petal... and the butterfly's would accept her as their own!

Right before she had made it to the flower, a hand slapped her across the face, causing her to drop the petal, her eyes wide as she cradled her cheek. In front of her was a butterfly fairy, her face filled with fury.
The fairy's hair was a blazing red and her eyes a fierce orange... but her wings were brilliant, ruby red ombré into the same orange the sunset is, black outlining the colors, her wings of massive size.

"Don't touch!" She hissed, glaring at the moth.
"I was only trying to hel-"
"You'll kill it! I'm lucky I stopped you before you were able to touch the flower!" She hissed, placing her hand gently on the pink flower. Y/N noticed the leaves were wilting... it was dying. Her eyes travelled, looking at the tree... signs of sickness in its barks. The whole tree was dying.

The red head scoffed, shaking her head. "Your presence alone is probably the reason why this flower is dying in the first place- look what you've done!" She snarled, the other fairies looking at Y/N with scowls and irritation.
The moth looked around, gulping, before shaking her head. "No!- I only wanted to mend the petal! And- and that tree is dying!" She exclaimed, hoping they'd understand. Y/N knew she could help! She'd seen plenty of things die... her expertise in mushrooms caused her to know a lot about decay... she could help them try and remedy the tree!

The red fairy's face screwed up in anger, her eyes wild. "Dying!?" She hissed, flying closer to the moth before harshly yanking the hair on the top of her head, causing Y/N to wince with pain.
"First, you barge into our area, at our time of day- and then dare to tell me that this tree is dying? That we aren't taking good enough care of it!?"
"No- I-" Y/N stuttered, but wasn't able to get a single word in.
"How dare you insult us! Go back to your rot and mushrooms, you roach!" She snarled, before shoving the moth away, causing her to tumble down through the air before regaining her composure, her wings fluttering.