05

╰┈➤ ❝ Turning 21! ❞

I woke up feeling great since it's my birthday! I can't believe I'm turning 20 already. I changed into new clothes before running downstairs. But then, I looked around the house to find no one. I shrugged, thinking Woo was out buying something.

I put on my apron before rolling up my sleeves. Did I ever mention how much I love baking? On birthdays, instead of buying a cake, I usually bake them myself. I made a Miffy strawberry cake, and it's way too cute to eat, by myself of course. 

I then decided to take a walk to the park, since I was alone. While walking, I noticed people who were passing by staring at me. Was there something wrong with my hair? Was it my clothes? Was it the way I walk? Was it my body?

I panicked as I ran back home, covering my ears. I don't like this, I thought. I hate people staring at me.

I opened the door as I shut it, forgetting to lock it. I crouched down beside my bed as tears brimmed my eyes. I laid my head inside my arms, feeling horrible.

After a while, I heard someone coming inside my room. At that point, I didn't even care. Slowly, someone caressed my hair as they pulled me into their embrace. I cried in their chest as I hugged them.

After a minute or so, I looked at them, gasping afterwards. "Heeseung?" "Hmm, do you want to tell me what's wrong?" He ran his hands through my hair as I shook my head as a no. "That's alright. You don't have to tell me. But don't cry," He softly said. "When you cry, my heart shatters into pieces."

I nodded as I pulled away from him. "Now then, let's go downstairs." He handed out his hand as I hesitantly grabbed it. He pulled me downstairs and I widened my eyes. Woo, Ryujin, Mom and Dad.

"Happy birthday Nari!"  They screamed as I ran to Mom, hugging her tightly. I haven't seen her in 2 years. My parents work overseas and rarely come home. They told me that they'd come to stay for a week only.

------------------------------------------------

Seeing Nari cry actually shattered my heart. She's so precious, whoever hurts her deserves to go to hell. 

We all ate the cake that Nari had made herself. I didn't know she was such a good baker. To be completely honest, I would think she'd burn the kitchen if anyone let her cook.

Afterwards, Nari and I were left alone since I wanted to give her a birthday gift. I turned to her and suggested that we go to her room. I could see that she was hesitant but she agreed anyway.

I sat on her bed as she tilted her head. "So, why are we here?" "I wanted to give you something. If you don't like it, please give it back." I sighed as she nodded.

I handed her two tickets, "Wait... Lotte World?!" "Yeah, I wanna go there tomorrow with you." She handed me back the ticket as I gulped. "Well, I'll just give it to Woo-" "WAIT" "Hmm?"

She held my hand and I froze. "I wanna go... with you," She continued, "But, will Woo let me be with you, alone?" "Hmm, don't worry. I'll convince him somehow."

I didn't know how that turned into a game of Uno. Slowly, everybody joined us and we had a great time. I loved seeing that smile of Nari's. 

I went home that night, thinking about how I'd convince Woo, the guy who is protective of his sister.