Chapter 22~ Utter embarrassment

I won't lie, my body was filled with complete anxiety the entire time. As we arrived at the restaurant I couldn't help but admire how beautiful the scenery was inside, many shades of blood red and black filled the inside. The restaurant reminded me of some kind of vampire bar or something, which I thought was cool as fuck.

Quicker than expected, we had one of the waiters greet us then lead the way to our table reservation

Quicker than expected, we had one of the waiters greet us then lead the way to our table reservation. I watched as Ryan pulled out one of the chairs for Jaide like a gentleman, causing me to internally awe. As I went to sit myself down River quickly followed his brothers league and pull my chair out for me. Surprised from the unexpected action I instinctively thanked him and happily took my seat. Jaide and I both reached over to our little folded out sheet menus and briefly discussed amongst ourselves with our dates what we were planning on ordering for the night.

After analyzing all of the meals they had to offer I decided to just go with a small serve of their chicken carbonara since I wasn't feeling that hungry. Once we all decided on our meals for the night we let one of the waiters know and just talked amongst ourselves until our food was served.

"I am so in love with that dress Jaide, where did you get it?" I ask in a genuine tone as I admired the well fitted black dress on her.

"I actually ordered it online, a website called Shein they have some amazing clothes on there" she answered, letting out a little giggle afterwards.

River's POV:

I silently admired y/n as her and Jaide continued on with their conversation, I could see my brother doing the exact same with his girlfriend in the corner of my eye. Ryan casually placed his arm around Jaide's shoulder then turned to face me. I looked at him, expecting him to say something to me. Instead he intentionally motioned his eyes in the direction of y/n continuously, signaling for me to follow his league. My brother's forwarded suggestion immediately caused me to feel uneasy, I shot him a questioning look, double checking if he was being serious or not. My twins expression did not change one bit, meaning that he was being dead serious. I very slightly shook my head no at him, now starting to feel overwhelmed with the very thought of copying my brothers actions. This didn't seem to change his mind, he continued giving me the same encouraging look. I painfully decided to accept my fate and let out a low sigh before carefully placing my arm around y/n's shoulder.

"Ryan you better know what your doing..." I sternly thought to myself, trying to seem as casual as possible infront of y/n.

Y/n's POV:

While mid conversation with Jaide, I suddenly felt River's warm hand being placed on my shoulder, causing me to pause for a split second as I was talking. Jaide saw the reason why I had paused, but didn't comment on it, instead she just gave a light hearted smirk and continued on with the conversation. Throughout the rest of mine and Jaide's chats I couldn't seem to fully focus on the conversation, River's random action had completely stunned me out. After some time of overthinking it I came to to conclusion that he meant it in a friendly manner, not a romantic one.
Shortly after, our waiter arrived to our table and formally served us our meals for the night. Instinctively, we all thanked the waiter in unison and happily began eating.
We all openly chatted amongst one another as we ate the most beautiful food we had ever tasted. Not only that, but we were all drinking, well all except Ryan since he agreed on driving us all back home after dinner.
We were soaking in the lovely night with happy chattering and red wine. Thank God wine doesn't mess me up as bad as other alcohols, although I don't think I can quite say the same thing for River. He was being oddly clingy with me throughout our entire time at the restaurant. I just blamed River's abnormal behavior on the wine and let it be, I knew he would probably apologize about all of it the next morning.