Chapter 5~ Bad start to the day

God I wish I had as much energy as Ryan right now. I sleepily watched from the kitchen as he excitedly continued bragging to Wyatt about the video we were going to be filming tonight, Ryan must really like these Skinwalker episodes we've been doing lately.
I take my concentration off of the two chatty boys and turn the other way to look out of the kitchen window, I slowly lift my heated mug of coffee upto my lips and peacefully sip it.
Now I'm not much of a coffee person at all, but I knew I needed the energy for tonight, I feel so exhausted from not getting much sleep last night. But it was lovely to be able to spend some one on one time with River non the less. Speaking of River, I haven't seen him at all yet since early this morning when I left to go to sleep. He must still be sleeping. I smile reminiscing about last night.
"Earth to y/n!" I jump, causing some of my coffee to spill on my chest.
"Shit, sorry Ryan I must have been in my own little world for a second" I quickly apologize, trying to ignore the burning sensation that was now upon my chest.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you, fuck are you okay!?" Ryan rapidly asked in a panicked tone, placing his hand on my shoulder to see if I was okay, noticing the coffee.
"I'm fine, it's fine" I put my hand up to him as I spoke.
"I'm really sorry y/n" he apologized again.
"It's fine Ryan, it's my fault I should have been paying more attention" I quietly replied trying to be responsible and not give any attitude towards him due to the burning pain. Ryan seems really happy today and I didn't want to be the one to ruin that. I left the kitchen to go and change my now stained tshirt, Thank God it wasn't white. I quickly grabbed the first shirt I saw in my wardrobe and immediately put it on.

 I quickly grabbed the first shirt I saw in my wardrobe and immediately put it on

Ahh yes our lovely merchandise

"God these really are comfortable" I thought to myself. I left my room, now feeling satisfied. As expected Ryan and Wyatt were sitting in our living room that's connected to the kitchen. Both of their attention was immediately drawn on me as I closed my bedroom door behind me.

"Are you alright" Ryan spoke first in a sincere tone.
"Better now, thanks" I smile, and join the two boys on the couch.
"Ayee wearing the merch!" Wyatt said in a chappy tone. I giggled and nodded at him proudly.

"Well about fucking time, afternoon shit head" I hear Ryan tease, I got confused and quickly looked up to see who he was talking too. It was his brother.
I agree with Ryan "about fucking time" I thought to myself. River chuckled at his twins comment.
"That's not very nice Ryan" he replied with a cocky smirk as he finally joined us in the living room.
"Afternoon Riv, how did you sleep?" I politely ask trying to be the kind one out of Ryan and I.
"Good thanks" he smiled, giving his brother a look, almost as if to say "she's nicer than you". Ryan rolled his eyes at his brothers silent message.
"Why were you sleeping in the lounge room, did you forget where your room is Riv?" Ryan chuckled at his own question.
"I was having trouble sleeping so I fell asleep watching TV in the lounge room thank you very much" he replied to his brother in a sassy tone.
I look at River and give him a knowingly look, he quickly notices and returned the same look to me.

"Riv could you help Wyatt and I pack and prepare for tonight?" Ryan asked as he started getting up from the couch.

"Sure thing" he quickly agreed and all the boys left to pack, leaving me now alone in the living room. I just shrugged it off and let them do their thing, I arose from my seat and headed to my room to also prepare myself for tonights investigation.

(River's POV:)

All cameras were now on charge, and all of our ghost hunting equipment was already prepared for tonight. I sat in my spot in our editing room and began scrolling through Instagram, viewing some edits our fans have made of us. I adore all of them, I absolutely love all of the support we get and am so greatful for all of our fans. I smile at my phone and my brother does not hesitate to question it.
"What is it" he asks with a cheeky smile.
"Just an edit a fan made" I reply still scrolling through my phone.
"There are some funny ones out there" Ryan chuckled.
"Yeah definitely" I agreed.
"Alright well we're going to leave shortly, are you ready Riv?" Ryan asked me.
"Yeah I'm ready" I quickly answer.
"Alright sick, let me see if Y/n's ready" he replied as he began to walk to Y/n's room. That reminded me of last night. I can't believe we actually sat there for hours binging SpongeBob, remembering this made me smile to myself. I feel bad for falling asleep though, but also I don't remember having a blanket on me before I fell asleep in there? I was confused and had trouble trying to remember how I ended up with a blanket on me. I shook the thought away and got up to meet everyone in the living room.

(Y/n's POV:)

I was looking at myself in my full length mirror, debating whether or not I liked the outfit I had chosen to wear for tonight's investigation.

But before I could make up my mind my attention was immediately drawn to the sudden knocking on my door

"Hey Y/n are you ready?" I heard what sounded like Ryan's voice coming from the other side of my door.
"Yes, coming!" I quickly reply aloud and leave to join the boys in the living room. As I close my door behind me I notice that I catch all of their attention. I slightly tilt my head to the side in confusion.
"Yes?" I say waiting for an explanation.
"Nice outfit Y/n!" Ryan complicated giving me a thumbs up. I smile in relief and thank him.
"Yeah that's a sick outfit Y/n" River supported. I thanked him and sat beside him, preparing for Ryan to explain what we will be doing tonight.
"Alright so we already started our intro, like usual we will be finishing it when we get to the location" Ryan bagan to explain while looking at me. I nod and wait for him to continue.
"As you all know the location is known for many reports of Skinwalkers and just overall weird shit happening there, Riv and I use to go there when we were kids so we know the location pretty well" he continued. I remained paying attention to his explanation.
"We won't stay there for too long but long enough that we capture a good amount of activity for the video" he stated. Just when I thought he was done with the explanation he continued.
"Also Y/n in case you didn't know" he paused for a second to see if I was listening, I certainly was and began feeling unsure of what he was about to tell me.
"There's a small wooden boat by the lake there and we will all be going in it for the last part of our investigation" he finished with a sincere smile, probably because he already knew I was going to feel unsure about the plan. I gave him a "are you serious right now" look. He gave me a confirming smirk in return.
"Alright fine, but I'm blaming you if we drown tonight!" I sarcastically threatened while pointing at him.
"That's fine because we won't be drowning tonight" he replied with an uptight smile.
"Yeah yeah we'll see" I chuckle pretending to be annoyed at him.
"Alright guys, you ready for another Skinwalker investigation!?" Ryan asks us in a excited tone.
"Yeah, let's go!" River replied already getting up and grabbing some of our bags of equipment.
"Alright ladies and gentlemen let's get this show on the road!" Ryan clapped his hands together with an ambitious smile on his face. We all got up and collected everything we needed for tonight, carefully placing it all in the boot of the car.