Chapter 14~ Poor Joshy boy

The moment I sat down on the side of my bed to take my shoes off I began to feel my phone vibrate in the back pocket of my jeans. Exhaustedly I grabbed it to see who it could possibly be.
Honestly I was too tired and in pain to even care about my phone at that point. I immediately noticed that my phone now had a small crack at the top corner of my screen, I'm guessing that was caused by my accident.
"Ah shit" I whined under my breath. With the very little energy that I still had left I unlocked my phone and discovered that I had just gotten a text from River on Instagram.

I low-key panicked as I read the text

I low-key panicked as I read the text. I completely forget that I was still wearing his jacket. I quickly put my phone down on the bed and rushed back out to give River his jacket back. When I saw that no one was in the living room I knew he must of been in the editing room with Ryan still. I quietly approach the entrance to our editing room and knocked on the door to get Rivers attention, since he seemed to be super zoned into his phone. Thankfully my knocking quickly made him turn to my direction. Ryan on the other hand didn't seem to have heard me since he was too focused on editing our next upcoming video with his noise cancelling headphones on.
"Damn returning it so fast, what's wrong you don't like my clothes" he said in a teasing way. I did not expect that to come out of Rivs mouth, which really caught me off guard. I stuttered over my words as I started to speak.
"O-oh, no it's not that at all I just thought you wanted it back right away is all" I tried to explain while defensively putting my hands up. River chuckled at my vulnerable state, causing my cheeks slightly burn up from humiliation.
"It's fine I'm just messing with you" he smiled widely as he rose up from his seat and approached me. I instantly took this as my sign to return his jacket and didn't hesitate to do so. As he went to grab it he leaned in close and whispered in my ear
"If you do ever need some clothes your more than welcome to wear mine" I felt my eyes widen as he said this, the feeling of his warm breath hitting my neck instantly caused me to get goosebumps. I don't know why he was acting so strange all of a sudden but a big part of me assumed that he was just trying to mess with me after my teasing earlier.
"River I don't remember being a fucking donation drop off" I sarcastically joked trying to cover up all the nervousness I was indeed feeling right now.
"Hey the offers there" he shrugged and went to sit back down. Just then Ryan finally noticed me standing behind him and instantly took his headphones off to greet me.
"Hey, sorry I didn't see you there" he apologized with a innocent smile.
"All good Ryan I was just returning Rivs jacket" I unintentionally pointed in Rivers direction as I explained myself.
"Y/n come check these EVP's out, there freaky as hell" Ryan excitedly waved me over, quickly changing the subject. Ah shit I forgot we all agreed on doing an EVP on our way back to shore last investigation. And although I was really looking forward to going straight to sleep once I came home I seriously didn't want to be rude to Ryan, especially after he took time out of his day to help me out, which he really didn't need to do. I happily sat beside Ryan and patiently waited as he went to play back our EVP scene. Ryan turned his computer chair towards me and very gently placed his headphones on my head, causing me to smile at this princess treatment. I turned all of my attention into the video as Ryan pressed play.

"If you understand what I am saying, where are we right now... What do you see?" I watched as Ryan spoke first in the video like usual.

"What secrets do they keep here?" The camera panned to Wyatt, then to me as I asked my question.

"Are you with us right now in the water...?"

Then River.

"Are we in danger in anyway, being out on this lake?" A moment of silence then Ryan played the EVP recording back to us in the video.

"If you understand what I am saying, where are we right now... What do you see?" Ryan's question repeated back to us.

"Help me..." A what sounded very much like a males voice responded. My eyes instantly widened in shock after very clearly hearing that response through Ryan's headphones.

"What secrets do they keep here?" Wyatt's question then repeated through the recording next.

"Secrets about the water" I leaned back into my seat completely baffled by how spot on the response was to the knowledge we had about the haunted lake. 

"Help me..." The spirit repeated after my question, this time sounding more pleading.

"Are we in danger in anyway, being out on this lake?" The final question came out.

"Get out of the water" the spirit warned in a serious tone.
Ryan quickly paused the video after the last question, causing me to come back to reality. I took the headphones off and turned to Ryan, Confusion written all over my face.
"Fucking freaky right?" He asked  looking as stunned as I was.
"Yeah tell me about it, it's crazy how lately we've been getting spot on responses to the stories we've heard of about these locations" I said as I handed Ryan's headphones back to him.
"Yes but it's just the kind evidence that we need to be able to prove to the viewers that there is so much more in this world than just us, and not just to prove to them but to all of us also" he stated with a very proud smile on his face.
"Well we're doing a great job so far Ryan" I to gave him a proud smile to show that I was proud of him and his hard work. I then carefully tried lifting myself off of the chair, praying that my bottom half won't start aching again from my fall earlier.
"Here let me help you" Ryan quickly jumped up from his seat and offered out his arms for my support.
"Aw thanks Ry you don't need to do that" I awed at his kind gesture and still accepted it.
"Don't be ridiculous y/n your obviously still in quite a lot of pain, why wouldn't I help you out" he stated in a genuine tone.
"Well once again thank you" I repeated again, giving him a appreciative smile before leaving to finally get some rest.

Ryan's POV:

Just as I was about to get back into the editing grind my phone went off on the table beside me. I was confused on who could possibly be texting me at this time of the night but decided to check it anyway just in case it was Jaide.
To my surprise I was far off from guessing who it was. I opened the text to see it was from our mate Josh.

I smirked to myself reading Josh's last text then put my phone down and let River in on the plan for tomorrow

"Believe it or not joshy boy was not a fan of you trying to drive into his house" I sarcastically shrugged to my twin, pretending to be confused.
"Well if he didn't make us wait so long then I wouldn't of had to" Riv cheekily commented back. We cruelly laughed our asses off about Josh's concern.

𝑹𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝑹𝒆𝒆𝒔 𝑿 𝒀/𝑵 (𝑻𝒘𝒊𝒏 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara