Part 2: Being Strong

*************************************************************************************

Part 2: Being Strong

I was a junior. My environment became different. People looked at me. Maybe because I became pail and thin, I never gotten any sleep and I sometimes look through nowhere. Just staring at the wind and sometimes I caught myself smiling because of thinking about my limited memories of happiness. I’m hopeless. I felt so ridicules about myself. Pretending to be fine yet I’m not. Am I being strong?

---------12---------------------

The day of my operation came. I got so many absences too because I always have aching feelings in my lower part. It hurts like hell. To all the people, why me? God! Why me?

I was also embarrassed by this. I hate this! Boys started to tease me. Make fun of me but they didn’t know about my sickness what so ever. They judged me still it didn’t matter to me. All I want is to graduate. Go to college and live my life with my family. That’s all I ever wanted.

---------13---------------------

I was happy that my first operation went well but one of my ovaries was gone. There’s still hope that I could bear a child and that made me happy. I still didn’t forget about the promise Reign and I had. I will do it. I swear.

A month and a week in a hospital bed, all I see is white except for colored curtains. A boring life I had since this sickness came rushing into my system.

---------14---------------------

I now go to school afterwards. Many were curious about me not going to school for so long and then I said my condition. I think my friends Aileen, Reign, Jonna and Kem will know it soon enough since I wasn’t able to enroll to their school. I miss them. I miss my classmates. I miss my nosey and cool teachers there and the place, I even miss wearing my long sleeve uniform.

Because of absences my Mama decided that I should stop schooling for now and rest my body to be stable but next school year I’m will be a junior again. I need to repeat since I didn’t take the 2nd and third periodical exam ‘cause of my sickness.

She’s right. I can’t study anymore besides my classmates will just make fun of me again.

I was at home. Nothing to do just helping with my Mama with household chores and that’s it. I would just sit back, read a book or sleep.

---------15---------------------

One day I woke up. All I want is to smile but I don’t know why?

In the afternoon I decided to go out. For fresh air and feel the sun. I went to the Sari-sari store just across our home. I just want to stay there besides there’s a wooden bench next to it. Moments later I saw a jeep that stopped in front of our gate. I thought it was just someone dropping by there but as I look closer I felt happy because I saw them, Reign, Aileen, Jonna and Kem. They came to visit me? I’m so glad. When Reign looked behind there she saw me. She points to where I was and ran towards me. I miss her so much. ^_^

Even though there was a jeep passing by she ignores it and straight forward towards me. What if she gets hit by it? Weird girl!

“MIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you so much! *HUG* – Reign shouted and hugs me tight.

“I MISS YOU, TOO!” I hugged back.

And I saw the three crossing the road and they hugged me as well.

“Surprise!” –Aileen

“How are you Mie? I heard of your operation. Why didn’t you tell me? You could atleast inform me through text.” –Reign

“Sorry. I don’t have a phone now. And I’m ok.”

“Yu look pail and thin. have you eaten well?” –Kem

“I do eat well. Thanks for the concern *smile* and why are you here?”

“Duh! We’re here to visit you. We miss you Mie!” –Jonna

ooooooooooohHH!!! How thoughtful of them.

---------16---------------------

That afternoon went well. We hangout, tour our Baranggay (town) and thanks to Mama she lets me but time really is fast they need t go home but I enjoyed the moment with them.

“Mie… Aileen and I are going home now. Take care of yourself ok!” –Reign

“Sure. I will. Take care! Bye” I hugged them. I’m gonna miss them so much! :’(

---------17---------------------

After that day, it went boring. My boyfriend and I broke up. I broke up with him personally so that when I die he won’t get hurt so badly. I know death is near but I want to be strong to live even that certain darkness is close at hand.

I was also hurt to break our relationship but it will hurt more if the day I die will cause him to suffer more. I love him. I really do.

---------18---------------------

The next school year came. Mama enrolled me again to the same school. I was a junior again. I hate repeating but what the hell I need to. My classmates before was not my classmate anymore. I was in the 3rd section. I don’t know anyone and apparently they don’t know me.

A celebration was made in our school and there was no class. I was with my classmates but I remained quite still I enjoyed the short program. Moments go by someone shouted my name. It was a familiar voice.

“MIE! MIE! Psssssssssssstt! Mie!”

It was Reign. I’m glad to see her. Then I saw a cute girl beside her. She’s taller than Reign and I think I’ve seen her somewhere.

“Ate… I’ll go now. I’ll just gonna see Aby in that corner okay?” –girl. And she walked away.

“How are you Mie! I miss you! Just came by for a visit.” –Reign

“I’m okay Reign. Really”

---------19---------------------

She gave me a worried look. What a caring friend.

“Don’t worry about me. I’m fine. Okay? Don’t stress yourself because of me.” I smiled then she game me her phone and what did I saw? Her crush’s picture! Crazy girl! Well… it was not actually a stolen shot. HAHA.

“Ayieeeeeee! What’s happening between the two of you?”

“Well… Fighting 24/7. Joke! ^___^V”

“Toinx? Seriously? Hard to be inlove right?”

“I think? It hurts! I already confess.”

“You whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?”

“I CONFESS! Okay? It was heavy for me to handle it, to carry it. That’s why I decided to confess.”

 “Ok. Crazy?”

“Everyone do stupid things when they’re inlove. Ok?”

“Well… true.”

It was a long talk but there’s always a fact that when something began, there’s always a possibility to end and Reign went home and I enjoyed her company.