NINE

DEVON LAID IN BED WATCHING A RANDOM SHOW ON THE TV. She closed her eyes and almost fell asleep when se heard noise coming from the hall.

She opened her door and was met with those strange kids from Hank and Dawn's. The girl turned a creepy smile on her face. She ran forward and swung her knife at Devon.

Devon jumped back and sent a kick to the girl's stomach, she stumbled back but composed quickly, swinging again. Devon sent a force field, the girl flying to the wall. Gar emerged from the room running to Devon. "You okay?"

"Yes, go get Rachel!" Devon shouted over all the fighting.  Gar nodded and ran in Rachel's direction.

The girl moved from the wall and slammed into her, both of them hitting the door. Devon moaned in pain but quickly pushed the girl off her. She sent a punch at the girl making her head fly back, the girl fell to the floor and Devon ran to the parking lot.

When she got outside she found Rachel and Gar standing behind a car. "Where the fuck are Kory and Dick?" She asked taking her jacket off and tying it around her waist.

"We don't know. Kory is still fighting with that crazy family." Rachel stated out of breath.

They all turned at the sound of steps, Kory ran out from the building. The family followed behind her. "Kids, behind me!" They all ran to stand behind Kory. "Time to burn, assholes." Kory shot her hands forward but nothing happened. "Fucking night!"

The family walked forward, a clanking was heard and smoke filled the area. A figure appeared and started fighting the family. "Dick?" Rachel asked confused. "That's Robin." Gar said excitedly.

The group starts to fight again. Rachel uses her magic to throw the girl at Devon, who forms a force field that the girl crashes into. Gar transforms and attacks the boy, knocking him down.

The mother turns around, saw in hand but reluctantly throws it to the ground seeing her disadvantage. "Well... look at the mess we've made."

...

THE TEENS NOW STOOD AT DEVON'S ROOM. The two crazy kids tied to chairs. Devon sat on the table, her arms crossed over her chest. Gar and Rachel stood next to the kids.

"Why are you and your weird family trying to kill me?" Rachel asked.

"You should come with us." The girl said. The boy nodded.

"It'd be better for everyone." She continued. "If not, we're all going to be in trouble."

"You don't wanna be in trouble." The boy said. The girl shook her head. "You do not." Devon rolled her eyes and left the room to find Dick and Kory, Rachel and Gar behind her.

"Anything?" Dick questioned when they entered.

"Nothing." Rachel rolled her eyes.

"Let's bring them here." Dick nodded and the group went back to get the rest of the family.

Once together, the teens left Dick and Kory to deal with the family.

"My arm hurts like hell. That girl knows how to punch." Devon complained rolling her arm.

"She gave you that?" Gar asked gesturing at the scar on her cheek, Devon nodded.

"Why do you think they want me?" Rachel asked.

"I have no idea. Maybe it has to do with that doomsday cult Dick talked about." Devon reasoned.

Rachel shrugged and turned at the sound of a door opening. Dick walked pass the group and to the family's car.

"So, you're Robin, huh?" Rachel stated. Devon and Gar slowly backing away. "That's your big secret?"

"I was gonna tell you." Dick said, briefly looking at Devon. "Look, when I was in Detroit, I was planning on leaving Robin behind."

"No luck, huh? Why?" Rachel continued.

"When I put on that mask... I become someone... someone I can't control." Dick stated. "Someone that likes hurting people."

"I know that feeling." Rachel admitted. Dick chuckled and nodded.

"So, uh, Batman.," Gar chummed in and lightly chuckled. "You know him?" Devon slapped his arm and rolled her eyes, a smile playing at her lips.

"Of course he knows Batman." Rachel said.

"Are we gonna see him? I'd really like to meet Batman." Gar smiled, the fan in him coming out.

"No, you're not." Dick ended and Gar huffed.

"It's okay Gar. Someday you'll meet Batman." Devon said hugging him from behind.

Rachel looked at both teens, a smirk on her face.

Devon, Rachel and Gar, were now in his room playing a friendly game of cards. Devon was about to place down her winning card when an explosion was heard. She groaned and reluctantly stood from her place in the bed.

She walked to the door, Gar and Rachel following. They peeked outside, finding Kory standing at the door to Dick's room, muttering to herself. She turned to look at the teens seeing their confused faces.

"Before you say anything, I didn't do it." The teens walked out of the room and into Dick's to find the family's heads missing from their bodies, they had blown up. "How the fuck..." Devon started. "Does this happen." Rachel.

Kory called Dick, while the teens waited at the hall. When the called ended she asked them to pack their stuff, Dick was waiting for them in a new location.

...

THEY ARRIVED AT THE LOCATION. It looked like a Condo. The group stood at the door waiting for access. Gar looked up and spotted a camera, waving at it. They got in the elevator and made way to the top of the building.

When the elevator door opened and they walked to the apartment. they reached the leaving room and were met with a boy, around Devon's age, sitting on the couch, drinking beer.

"Who are your friends?" The boy asked.

"Not important." Dick replied.

"Who's he?" Rachel asked.

"Not important." Dick repeated

"Anybody want a brew?" The boy asked moving from his seat and to what Devon assumed was the kitchen. "Yeah, I do." Gar said but Dick interfered. "No, he doesn't. No one wants a brew."

"That can't be Adamson." Kory said.

"He's not Adamson. Adamson's in the bathroom." Dick replied.

"Hi, I'm Rachel." Rachel stepped forward, Devon following. "And, I'm Devon."

The boy shook their hands and introduced himself. "Jason."

"Okay, who we all are doesn't matter right now." Dick sighed, placing two fingers between his eyebrows.

"Can we just chill out, relax, sit on the couch and watch TV or something?" Rachel asked sitting on the couch. Devon nodded but turned to look at Dick.

"Yo, when did you get another one?" Gar asked moving to the table, were Dick's case rested beside another one.

"That one's mine." Jason answered.

"Yours?" Gar questioned confused. "Wait, you're Robin, too?"

"I thought you were Robin." Rachel said.

"I am." Dick agreed. "He was." Jason said standing beside Dick.

"How many Robins are there? Are there a lot? 'Cause I would love to-" Gar started but was interrupted by Kory.

"Okay, quiet!" Kory firmly said. Everyone turned to look at her, their mouths sealed. "Sit." The teens sat on the couch. "Bathroom." And her and Dick were of down the hall.

Gar moved closer to Jason. "Can I be Robin?" he whispered. Rachel and Devon rolling their eyes.

_____