SIX

DEVON RUSHED BEHIND RACHEL, THE GIRL DODGING TREES AND JUMPING OVER ROCKS

DEVON RUSHED BEHIND RACHEL, THE GIRL DODGING TREES AND JUMPING OVER ROCKS. Devon reached Rachel almost knocking into her.

"Rachel! What happened?" She asked taking Rachel's hands in hers.

Suddenly a roar was heard, the girls turned around and came face to face with a green tiger.

"Stay behind me." Devon placed her arms in front of Rachel. The tiger started moving, it's bones started movin. It ran off behind some branches and the girls glanced at each other.

The boy from the skating rink jumped from behind the branches. Devon looked at him, her eyes widening

"Don't worry. I don't bite."

"What-"

"Come on." Gar took both girls hands and walked through the forest. He lead the girls to a shed were he started a fire.

"It's not to far from here." Said Gar, sitting beside Devon.

"What's not far from here?" Rachel asked. "Where are we going?"

"Someplace you can chill." Gar replied looking at her.

"We can't chill." Rachel argued. "You don't understand. I'm... changing."

"Well, no worse than the crew I live with. Trust me." Gar joked. "We're special too."

"I'm not special. I'm dangerous."

"You saw what I did back there." Gar tried to reason with Rachel, looking over at Devon who was looking at the fire.

"And you saw what I did back there." Rachel continued.

"You are not scared of me, right?" Gar asked. "Neither of you are?"

"No." Devon replied. "And she blew the roof off a church." The girl joked.

Rachel giggled and bumped her shoulder with Devon's.

The teens heard shooting outside, Gar stood and looked through a whole in the door.

Two hunters shoot a deer. The teens walked out of the shed. Rachel and Devon ran to the deer, and stood in front of it.

Garfield in tiger form appeared behind the hunters and scared them off.

Rachel knelt down beside the deer. "It's dead."

"I should've done more than just roar."