ONE

SITTING BY THE WINDOW IS SIXTEEN YEAR-OLD DEVON BROOKS

SITTING BY THE WINDOW IS SIXTEEN YEAR-OLD DEVON BROOKS. Her day started as any other. getting out of bed, saying 'Good Morning' to the other teens and making her way to the bus station.

Devon has lived at the local orphanage all her life. Her parents left her when she ways a baby, leaving no trace. Not that she missed them. She had her best friend since Kindergarten, Rachel. And they both shared some strange abilities.

Devon looked out the window, her reflection morphing to strange figures. The reflection changed again but this time to an older Devon, her eyes white, and white magic flowing around her.

"Hey Dev. You okay?"Rachel asked, pulling Devon out of her daze.

"Yeah. You?" She responded with a nod. The purple haired girl sat down beside her friend when a boy named Kyle made his way to them with his friends.

"Guys! Look at these freaks," Devon glared at the boy while Rachel lowered her head ignoring the comment. "Come on, I like freaks." He continued.

"Kyle, don't you have better things to do than be an ass?That's probably why you don't have a girlfriend." Devon says leaving Kyle speechless. Kyle turns and goes to sit while mumbling curses.

"Thanks Dev." Rachel says turning to Devon.

"No problem. Anything you need, just turn to me." Said the girl smiling.

...

DEVON MAKES HER WAY TO RACHEL'S FRONT DOOR WHEN SHE HEARS A HIGH PITCHED SCREAM. She hears glass shatter and covers her head, trying to shield herself in case anything came, looking up at the sound of something or... someone been thrown out the window. Devon gasps and it's about to make her way to the noise when Rachel rushes out of the house, her bag in hand.

"Rachel! What the fuck happened?" Devon asked making her way towards Rachel whose face was stained with tears. "Are you okay?".

"No... He- He killed Melissa." Rachel managed between sobs. "And, apparently she wasn't my mom."

Devon's stomach drops at the news. She hugs Rachel closely before moving from the scene.

Rachel and Devon make their way trough the city, stopping at a bus station. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Devon asked seeing Rachel's agitated form.

"Yes. But, you don't have to come with me." Rachel said.

"Are you kidding? I've been looking for a reason to
leave that orphanage since forever. Plus, I'm not leaving you alone, never." Said Devon while hugging Rachel.

Both teens turned to the ticket lady and asked for tickets going to Detroi. They sat at the back, Devon by the window and Rachel leaning her head on her shoulder. Devon plugged her earbuds in and relaxed herself watching the cars and buildings rush by.

Devon closed her eyes momentarily, seeing herself again, dressed in a type of suit, her arms slowly turning grey, just like when she used her powers. Older Devon turns straight ahead the area around her becoming darker. "Dark things are coming, you should prepare."

Devon jolted awake when the bus stopped, Rachel awaking with her. Both girls got off the bus. Making way into their hopefully better life.

____________

First Chapter! So excited to continue this.
Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my first language but I hope you understand:)