6

_____

_____

the other women, the other women. I've acknowledged that from the very beginning, to the start of the already growing red string.

i lay against the head of my bed, my blanket offering me the warmth my soulmate couldn't give.

why am i saddened by his words? I tilted my head, pondering about the scene at the graveyard. A ball forms inside my mouth and I shake my head, placing my feet on the ground.

i pick out a dress from my closet, do my makeup, my hair and check my self in the mirror. "can't believe I'm even wasting a second thinking about the string." i scoff, slamming my bedroom door shut.

_____

earlier in the day dayeon babbled about a party one of our classmates were holding and how she wished I could go with her, but I declined because of the position I was put in with Jungwon and now I was storming into the house, not giving a fuck about the position.

dayeon's lips curved up viewing my outfit and my whole figure, she was aware that i was upset and i didn't even have to utter a word. Dayeon takes recognition of when I'm upset, that i end up doing reckless things and that's one of the things I'm thankful for.

the fact that she can just tell without me having to give her the look.

"someone caused you trouble?" she raised a brow, "you amaze me sometimes." I bitterly say before deeply exhaling and grabbing the bottle of alcohol next to me.

"tell me, what has mr yang done now?" she faced me, now i was trapped and had to reply knowing she wouldn't back out of the question.

"i was at the cemetery for my father, i saw him at her graveyard and he started going off about how she would be his soulmate if she didn't die and that no matter how hard I tried to get along with him, I would always be the other women." my eyes trail to the ground, "he's honestly just an asshole and I hate him."

"you have the right to be angry, he's grieving but you are too and he went too far. Who even says that to their own soulmate, how about just keep it to your fucking self." she crosses her arms and looks away in disbelief hearing about the news.

"so now what?"

"I'm done being fucking nice yeon, I didn't have to be. I was certainly more mean before we were soulmates and softened up when we were fated but I see it's a mistake." i shook my head in disappointment, finally twisting the bottle open and chugging a good amount of it down.

"YANG JUNGWON, HERE HAVE A CIG." one of the guys shouted his name and threw a box of cigarettes, dayeon and i shared glances before turning around and there was jungwon at the door with the cigarettes in his hand that were thrown to him by our classmates.

his eyes darkened the moment he met mine, i shot a quick glance at him distastefully before chugging more of bottle and people were suddenly watching me as I carelessly drank.

"pass me some more." I whistled with my hand to grab the attention of the boys with the bottles and they passed them over to me, I winked and thanked them.

"she's fucking hot." one of the boys whispered into the shell of dayeons ear, dayeon grinned. "she so fucking is, isn't she? ... if she's hot...what are you going to do about it?" dayeon tilted her head.

he licks his lips and laughs, the guy taps onto my shoulder. "hey beautiful you want to dance?" his dreamy eyes were enough to not resist.

i take his hand and make it to the dance floor, "AYYY JAKE GOT A GIRL!!" sunghoon hollered, the others peered over at their friend who was currently dancing with me.

jake? that's the hottest name, jake sends a wink at his friends and then spun me around. Dayeon glances at jungwon who dumbfounded, watched the two dance.

"fucked up big time, just know that." she makes it to jungwon's side.

he returns a menacing look, "for what? for saying she's the other women...? it was true."

"it was true until you found out that she had a soulmate that she didn't care to tell you about? you know fucking why? because she didn't fucking care about YOU and she didn't see you the way you saw her...you were in your fucking delusions so get over it." she ridicules with a vicious snicker.

it was obvious he was butt-hurt, "if you're even going to ask how i know that, I went to go pay my respects to her father today and i was to meet her there but i heard you two arguing so i hid and saw her leave."

"weren't expecting that man to say he was her soulmate now did you?"

his eyes hollowed, "i thought, i thought she loved me. If I knew she had a soulmate then I would've backed off and that's what I'm going to do."

"even if you do, you're not going to get her back. I'd rather the strings attach." she sardonically smiled before leaving.

ouch.

_______