2

______

______

the cemetery, i came back but this time in the day time on a Saturday. The sun was close to setting and i had placed flowers on yoora's grave. "how could someone with a pure soul die so quickly." i wipe the dust off her grave stone.

footsteps approach, the same sensation from that night came rushing. I faced the figure. "yeri."

"yeah?" she tilts her head, the irritation built up again. "what are you, some fucking stalker? you knew I'd be here that's why you came right? i know you like to joke around at school but are you seriously going to do it right now while I'm fucking mourning?" i viciously fired.

"don't flatter yourself jungwon, you'd be the last thing on my mind." she stated clearly, ambling to the grave that was two away from yoora's.

she placed the flowers on the grave of an elderly man, "you aren't the one who is mourning won, i hope you understand that." she had responded in a bitter tone and it only resulted me into being humiliated, it slipped my mind that she had lost someone in her family, and i assume it to be her father.

i was so out of my head that i hadn't noticed the flowers that were in yeri's hand. "im sorry." I apologized to her in a sincere yet low tone before I approached the entrance of the cemetery.

the tears that had built up in yeri's eyes finally streamed down the moment jungwon took his leave, and she turned to watch him make it to the entrance with her tears flooding her eyes.

she sniffles, zoning into the picture that was placed on her father's grave. "hey, i miss you a lot but I'll always stay as happy as I can for you. I promise."

______

my eyes covered in dry tears, i enter the house being greeted with chatter which was unusual. My mother who was on the couch accompanied by another woman, faces me. "yeri you're home, are you alright baby?" she questions me with a faint smile.

"yeah, im fine mom." I wipe the dry tears off my face, acknowledging the fact that she might have noticed it on my cheeks.

I bow towards the other woman and greet her, "there's no need to greet me dear." she chuckles.

"it's been a long time since my mother has brought a guest in, you must be very special." my lips curved up into a small smile.

"im extremely fond of your mother, we happen to go way back. We met in school and we've been close friends but our relationship has been cut off after the passing of your father, but I understood your mom's situation. She was grieving, she lost the person she shared her life with."

"on this day, i called and asked about how she's been doing and she invited me over and I'm so happy she did." she puts her hand over my moms. "i lost myself when I lost my best friend."

creaking of the floors were audible, footsteps approached me. I sensed another person behind me, I turned to face the figure.

the color drained out of my face, it was the person I wanted to see the least on a day like this, after what happened at the cemetery two hours ago. "yeri?" jungwon raises a brow.

"what are you doing in my house?" my tone grew bitter, i demanded him of an answer.

his eyes grew wide, "your house?"

"do you know my son?" the woman tilts her head now both of our eyes are wide. "you know my daughter?" my mother raised a brow.

"we go to the same school..." I reply lowly, the two of them share glances.

"that's wonderful then, introductions are saved. You two can go study together or help each other out with homework." my mom laughs for the first time in a while.

knowing she was in a good mood, i didn't want to ruin it with my behavior so i took jungwon to my room, he lingered around.

he stumbles upon my beside table and leisurely picks up the picture of my father and i, I grasped onto his wrist, he didn't hold it very well though which worried me. "be careful." i took it out of his hand and placed it back on the beside table.

my wrist began to sting, a light flashed.

_____

red string, red string, red string.