9

______

______

"I'm leaving." and as i headed towards the cemetery's exit, i paused in my tracks and turned around seeing jungwon who stared helplessly.

"why are you here, why did you come to find me? you're the one who kept telling me to leave you alone?" i inquired in a demanding tone.

he took a deep breath before speaking up, "i fucked up okay? just like you knew I would, just like you hoped from the very beginning." he averted his eyes.

"i never hoped for that, never. All I wanted was for us to make peace with each other, mostly you making peace with me but you just make it harder, MINUTE by minute." I muttered breathlessly from frustration.

"i was mourning so much i lost sight of what she would've really wanted, for me to move on and to cherish her as her friend. I waited for her as a lover when he was already there to pay his respects, it would never be me. I was too blind to see it, and i fucked up." he responded in a genuine tone.

"look, i think you need time...i think you need a lot of it and i truly need some of my own. The strings are already tightened, we fought all week, what's more to it? we can't just to immediately begin anything we know we wouldn't want, so please....don't bother me from now." i set it down to him straightforwardly.

he puts on a bitter smile, leaving without say and I observed as his figure grew tiny from the distance.

______

DAYEON'S PLACE

"that's absolutely appalling how could you two seriously do that to each other?!" dayeon gaped and sunghoon shook his head in disappointment.

"it was more me than him, he's unstable yeon and being with him caused me to be unstable too, this is what was best." I exhale deeply.

"every second those strings will tighten, you'll need each other and if you wait too late you're going to have to go to lengths you wish you didn't want to go to." he warned.

"resulting death."

"i heard if you wait too long, the red string will start to crack and you can feel that excruciating pain as if it was your own body that was breaking into peace's, it will draw you to your partner where you can get energy from one another." dayeon explained carefully, sounded like bullshit to me.

"this is all bullshit, I've had a horrible fucking week so you don't mind if i spend the night?" i batt my eyelashes at the two and they chuckle.

"the house is always open for you, you already know that." dayeon winked.

"love you." i shot a wink back, heading up the stairs to dayeon's room. I pulled the blankets over me when I got into bed and thought about the words dayeon had said that I stated was "bullshit"

what if it was fucking true?

______