Chapter 5 |:| Its a hard knock life

Im back :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n pov

"LINK JUST KILL THEM ALREADY!!"

"I cant. This horse is too- its too bumpy!"

"WELL HOW ABOUT I SLOW DOWN FOR YOU?!"

At my command, Lancelot came to a sudden halt, rearing up and causing Link to go flying before landing with a thump on the dirt path.

"Y/N!" He barked, rubbing his aching back as he stood up. His fury didn't last for long as he caught sight of the mob of nightmares hurtling toward us.

Nobody had warned us that the road to Hateno village was riddled with monsters.

Nobody had warned us, that said monsters, would be on HORSES!

And NOBODY said how HARD it would be to knock said monsters, OFF OF SAID HORSES!

"LINK GET YOUR BLONDE BUTT BACK UP HERE!!" I shrieked, gulping at the five Bokoblins galloping towards us.

Link finally gathered himself and hopped on, I wasted no time in cracking the reigns and Lancelot went speeding off once more, Link had to grasp on for dear life seeing as how he didn't have a chance to get a good hold on Lancelot in the first place.

Controlling Lancelot when he was running at his full speed was difficult to say the least, I was still an inexperienced rider and being chased down by a pack of horse riding pig-men wasn't exactly a nurturing learning environment.

I heard the swishing of Links' bowstring, firing our meagr stash of arrows at our pursuers. But I was too preoccupied to help.

Mother nature was yet another force which decided to toy with our frail selves that day. My strained expression worsened as the dark clouds rumbled and the first pitter patter of raindrops began to fall.

"Are they still on us?!" I called to Link, who was sitting precariously backwards on Lancelot, bow drawn.

"Yep" He hissed through his teeth. "Crap, And theyre gaining!" He shouted as an arrow whizzed past just a few feet from my face.

"Talons and tails!" I cursed under my breath.

This was NOT working, we needed to try something new.

Without warning, i veered off to the right. Lancelot slipped and stumbled but managed to regain his footing and continue on the narrower, beaten path.

The Bokoblins had to stop to turn their horses before continuing their chase, giving us a bit more headway.

"Im out of arrows!" Stressed Link.

"Its okay, i got this!"

Seeing yet another trail, in even worse condition than the one we were on, i heaved the reigns and Lancelot made the turn once more. After a few paces, Link said "They stopped following us"

I let out a sigh of relief, "Oh thank Nayru" before bringing my horse to a steady, well needed walk.

Lancelot was heaving breaths of much needed air, i felt bad for making him push himself so hard. But if i didnt, then me and Link would likely be dead meat.

"That was..."

"Stressful" i finished

Link righted himself into a regular position and let out a sigh of relief.

"I guess...we'll need to find some more arrows then" he stated.

*sigh* "yep"