Chapter 4 |:| Impa

Past 100 reads!
Thanks guys!🥰🥰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n pov

The morning wasnt as cold as i had thought it would be. Courtesy of the stables warm blankets. With a yawn, i sat up and stretched, looking to my side, i saw Links bed—empty.

I wasnt too surprised to find his bed empty, the blankets neatly tucked in. With a sigh, i pushed myself up and began to make mine.

After my first morning waking up with Link gone, i knew better than to assume that he'd left me, so i walked out of the stable and took a look around, spotting the boy croutched at a cooking pot.

I placed a hand on my hip, "You let me sleep in again" i growled.

He looked back at me with his blue eyes wide and unreadable. "I dont mind waiting" he spoke, poking at the stew he was making.

"But i mind! We need to get going to Kakariko!"

Link looked down at the pot. "But...my soup"

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Oh for Nayru's sake" i muttered in annoyance. Mentally questioning what exactly a Nayru is.

Thats when a traveller riding on horseback caught my eye, and suddenly an idea popped into my head.

"Okay, stay with your soup, i'll be back!" I called excitedly as i ran off.

I let out a shaky breath—this is it. I can do this.

I was currently croutched in the tall grass, directly behind a horse that i had seen wandering by the stable. The rest of its herd had walked off, but it stayed. Munching on grass and dandelions.

In all honesty, i felt like a Bokoblin, stalking its prey. But if i could tame a horse, me and Link would get to Kakariko so much faster.

Delaying no further, i leaped out of hiding and scrambled atop its back.

The beast let out a furious neigh and reared up, causing me to grasp onto its mane just to stay steady. I swung my leg across so i was sitting properly and clung on as the horse bucked and did its best to shake me off.

After what felt like a decade of fighting, it finally came to a stop, huffing out hot air.

"Ya done?" I asked sarcastically.

My response was a nip to the shoe as it craned its neck to reach me.

"Hey! Arent you supposed to listen to me now that i've tamed you?!"

The horses body rumbled as it let out a low growl—which is a noise i didnt even think horses could make.

"Oh well...can we please go this way?" I asked, pulling its mane in the direction of the stable.

Begrudgingly, it did as i asked.

As we approached the stable, one of the workers looked at me sympathetically.

"First time riding?" He asked.

"Yeah...got any tips?"