Chapter 3 |:| Nerves

IM BACK, also btw, for the sake of this story im gonna be fudging with the plot a bit, nothing too serious but just some add ons :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n pov

Gramps let out a deep breath as me and Link looked up at him.

"All right...it is time i tell you...everything" he spoke. My eyes widened and i took a step back as he transformed, leaving behind the guise of an old man, and instead, dressed royally in expensive looking garb, and a crown apon his head. All engulfed in a spiritual hue.

"Wh-what the-"

"My name, is King Bospheromous Hyrule. I was the last king of Hyrule...a kingdom which no longer exists" he said, gaze sharp.

Me and Link stared at him in awe as he began to explain...well everything, the way the world became what it was, how these "divine beasts" were discovered and used in the fight against Ganon. Each of them piloted by a Champion, and among them; a princess, princess Zelda, who wielded a sacred power of the goddesses, protected by her knight, who commanded the legendary sword that seals the darkness.

"That princess...was my own daughter...and the knight who fought by her side was none other than you, Link" he explained sadly.

Links breath hitched, and his eyes bore disbelief.

"Among the champions, princess and her knight, there was....another" he continued, turning his gaze on me. "Initially...this individual was not chosen for her skills or spirit, but in the end...she was the reason why princess Zelda was able to seal Ganon away within Hyrule castle. She sacrificed her life force for the kingdom, and became mortally wounded, much like the knight."

Gramps—no, the king turned his head to the sky. "I lost my life to Ganon...as did many of my subjects. And my daughters power wont keep Ganon sealed forever, in fact, her grasp on him is quickly slipping. The two of you are destined to save Hyrule...to save my beloved Zelda. However it would be quite foolish to face the threat immediately, i suggest you make your way to Kakariko Village. There, you will find Lady Impa. She will help guide you"

All me and Link could do is stare with our mouths agape, "Link was a legendary hero?! And i was...the reason Zelda could seal away Ganon...how on earth did i manage that?!"

The king met our eyes with a kind smile, pulling out the paraglider he promised and handing it to Link. "i believe in you. Link, Y/n...you must work together...and save...Hyrule" he finished, his spirit slowly fading away until me and Link were left alone.

I fell to my knees. "...what...h-how are we even supposed to...." I muttered, bringing my hands to my face. "How in the name of Hylia are we going to save a whole kingdom...by ourselves"

Even though Link himself was troubled, he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"We'll....we can do it" he assured me.

I could see it in his eyes that he didn't believe this himself, and yet he was telling me to try and put my mind at ease.

Gathering myself, i took in a deep breath and stood up. "Youre right...at least we have eachother"

I gave him a grin and stuck out my hand, "Partners?"

He thought carefully about it, but took my hand nonetheless. "Yes, partners." He agreed.

We stood in silence for a few moments, lost in thought before i blurted, "Lets get out of here"

Turning to face me, Link frowned, "How are we supposed to do that with one paraglider?"