꧁Chapter one꧂

Addison Smith.

She is a very different woman from other females in her area of living, which currently right now is Italy.

Addison stands at a height 5'7. She has long waist length blonde hair and keeps it very healthy. She is nineteen years. She has light sky-blue eyes. She has four tattoos. One on the top of her right hand, a sleeve on her left arm, a leg tattoo on her left leg, and a hand finger tattoo on her left hand.

She is a college student, attending a university in Italy, Università di Padova, to study her passion - she's a freshman in her class. Even if it's an advanced class. She's majoring in Art and design. Addison has an edgy side but most of the time she's calm and collected. However, because she's an American attendee at an Italian school, she does get slightly bullied for it. Considering she's not one of them, or so they say.

Addison is naive, intelligent, independent, strong minded, she's very creative. Addison is not really outgoing, but she loves music and reading when she's in her apartment dormitory. She doesn't make friends that easily. But she has a few good ones. Addison tends to close herself off a lot. She doesn't like to talk about her past.

She has two major scars on her body. One on her back shoulder blade going horizontal across her back, the other along her right thigh on the outside.

Addison had three older brothers, but now has two older brothers. One is abusive and very angry most of the time, Tyler Smith. Tyler owns a shipping company. The other was loving and is very supportive of his sister, Kayden Smith. Kayden is a diligent CEO of a business that makes him happy. Even if one of them is mean to her and has given her bad trauma, she's proud of them both, even her other brother that she lost. Her eldest brother, Jared Smith. She'll never forget that sorrow filled day.

It began with another day and another weekend.

Addison woke up on a Friday morning, having a day off for the Feast of Assumption; school was out, and she needed something to do. So, she got out of bed and grabbed a change of clothes and a pair of boots.

She grabbed a red and black checkered tank top with a lovely sheer overlay of the same pattern. Next, she had a pair of high-waisted black ripped jeans that hugged her legs nicely. Finally, she grabs her black high-heeled boots and puts everything on. She goes to her vanity, does a light makeup look, and finds accessories to match her outfit. Finally, she grabs the locket with her and her brother, Kayden, and places it around her neck.

She walks towards her door after she collects her purse with her phone, wallet, keys, and small self-defense key chain that she always leaves with. She left her apartment and locked the door so no one could enter.

She then walked to the campus garage, which was next to her apartment building complex, as her room is on the fifth floor, with a balcony view. She unlocked her black convertible Volkswagen beetle, and climbed in. Addison drove over to the parking area for the shopping market and parked her car, putting the top back on.

For her free time, she decided to window shop through all the little shops that surrounded the area her college campus sits on. There are many little cafés and beautiful little businesses here, and she enjoys having a few leisurely walks now and then to get some fresh air, which tends to last her about six hours of her day.

Addison goes into an antique shop that she has gone to a few times and wandered around in there. Addison finds an antique orb on a glass shelf in the antique store she visited a few months back and takes it in her hand gently. She grabs the price tag, and it says it's for sale for Fifty-five euros. Addison takes it up to the cashier and sets the orb down gently.