Sixteen

You step outside the mansion, smiling tiredly with prominent eye bags and darkening eye circles while giving a thumbs up, "you ready to beat some demon ass??"

...

"U-uh, Rengoku-san?"

"UMAI!"

"Yes, we get that part already, um..."

"UMAI!"

You were to the side, filming the whole thing. Yes, you even learned how to use old fashioned cameras, just for this moment.

...

I'mnotreadyimnotreadimnotreadimnotready-

You were gonna mess up. Your wonderful anxiety allowed you to toss and turn on your futon until 1 am, then fell asleep for a plentiful 30 minutes, and woke up freaking out at 1:30 am, thinking it was go time.

So you were all ready to go and all that at 2 am when you decided to look at a clock to see you have 3 more hours.

So you decided you weren't going to sleep, since you can't anyway, and just wait for the others to wake up and leave.

Except that was a STUPID decision.

(A/n: that's your cue, go to bed! Sleep is great guys)

Because sitting on the train with Rengoku and the Kamaboko squad, you were already dozing off without Enmu even having to put you to sleep.

So now you're gonna mess everything up and realize that changing the story is virtually impossible and overthink the rest of your life and-

*clack* You hear the sound of clicking metal. Ah- the sound of a hole puncher- WAIT. WHAT.

You see the train worker dude punching holes in your comrades' train tickets. How long have you been just sitting there and questioning your life choices? How is it already in this part of the story???!

I have to get rid of the tickets, or else Enmu's gonna put them- and me to sleep.

As you see the retreating figure of Enmu's minion leave through the door, you say, "Throw it out."

"Huh? Throw what out?" Tanjiro tilts his head at you while trying to restrain Insouke from attacking the insides of the train and Zenjitsu freaks out in the nearby seat.

"The tickets. Throw them out the window." You repeat.

"W-woah, Y/n-chan, are you okay...?" Tanjiro asks as a deadly aura is emitted from you.

"Throw. It. Out."

And then a passenger screamed.

The weakling demon is coming now. You've memorized the events of this arc specifically so you could do something about it. But why is it happening earlier than you remembered? Is it so hard to just throw out some shitty train tickets?? It's like the plot is trying to stop what you're doing.

"Please calm down! As this is an emergency, please excuse the fact that I have a sword!" Rengoku exclaims as he steps up and fire materializes on his blade.

But the demon was the least of your worries. All you could think of was that you needed to get rid of those tickets. That's the first step, if you can't even manage that, it's going to be pretty much hopeless to change anything later on.

You ripped the tickets from Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu's pockets. But Rengkouku was fighting the demon-

"BIG BRO RENGOKUUU!!!!!"