Four

Sorry for the wait!! I was really busy with school work at the end of the semester since I needed to prepare for going to high school and stuff but now that it's the summer break, I should be able to update more regularly :>

— the author

~~~~~

Previously...

"Today is the day."

_____

This is what you will be wearing to final selection:

Urokodaki-sensei had carved you and Tanjiro a mask, this is yours:

(you can pick one from these designs!)

You and Tanjiro arrived at Mount Fujikasane

"Wow, there's so many people!" Exclaimed Tanjiro.

You scanned the area, quickly finding the other three who you knew would pass the exam: Genya, Kanao, and Zenitsu.

You watched as the two children, one with black hair, the other with white, start talking. It was kinda creepy.

"Everyone... we thank you for coming here tonight... to the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection."

They explained the simple rules: you had to survive for seven days on the mountain to pass final selection.

"... And now, be on your way."

"See you after seven days, Tanjiro-kun! Don't die!" You said as you immediately started jogging up the mountain.

Tanjiro smiled, "I won't!"

...

You and Tanjiro decided to split up for Final Selection. You took down your fair share of demons over the seven days, thankfully you didn't bump into the hand demon, you probably would have freaked out. You assumed that Tanjiro had beheaded him.

You were able to live for seven days on the mountain without dying, and you raced down the mountain to where the wisteria bloomed.

"Tanjiro-kun! You made it!" I tackled him with a hug.

Pink dusted Tanjiro's cheeks as he realized how close you were, after a second he lightly hugged you back, "Y-yeah, I'm glad you passed too, Y/n-chan!"

"I'M GONNA DIEEE!!!"

I wonder who that was. You chuckled as you turned to see the other three new members of the Demon Slayer Corps.

"Hello! I'm L/n Y/n." You decided to introduce youself.

Genya glared at you.

"Did you just introduce yourself to me? Was that a sign of your undying love?? PLEEAASE MARRY ME!!!! I'M GONNA DIE SOON!!" He exclaimed.

Not gonna lie, you actually considered it, I mean, it's Zenitsu!

Kanao just looked at you and reached for her coin.

"..."

The coin probably told her to not talk to you. Rude.

The two children started talking, you hadn't even noticed they were there.

"Welcome back."

"Welcome back."

"Congratulations."

"We're pleased to see that you're safe."

They distributed uniforms, assigned you Kasugai Crows (yours was a white crow named Taiki).

"Where's my sword? The sword for the Demon Slayer Corps, the color changing swords!" Yelled Genya as he stormed up to the two girls.

After that little scene, you picked ores for your sword, you knew this was coming up, so you read some books on ores before Final Selection and picked the one that you believed was best suited for you.

You started limping home.

"I wonder how Nezuko is doing... I hope she's okay." Tanjiro mumbled.

"Don't worry too much, Nezuko's just restoring her energy by sleeping instead of devouring humans! She should be awake by the time we return!" I gave a closed-eye smile.

"R-really? How did you know?"

"...Perception?"

Once you got home, Urokodaki gave you two a huge hug.

"Aww... Urokodaki-sensei your crying!" You laughed.

"... I'm just glad."

You had hotpot for dinner, while your sensei explained to you and Tanjiro more about demons and things like that.

You stayed at Urokodaki-sense's house for the next few days, waiting for your Nichirin swords to arrive.

...

"Y/n-Chan!! Tanjiro called from outside your room one day. "Our swords are here!"

"Really?!" You slid open the shoji doors so fast it might have gotten damaged.

You saw the swordsmith Haganezuka was here, sitting down and presenting two katanas.

"Oooh! Which one is mine??" You exclaimed.

Tanjiro's sword turned black, much to Haganezuka's dismay.

"I WANTED TO SEE A RED SWORD!!"

I laughed, "Wow Tanjiro! Your sword's really cool! Hey, can I have mine now?"

You wiped your palms on your hakama pants and reached for your own sword. It was a standard katana. You all watched as the blade turned a shade of light blue.

"Coool!" Haganezuka exclaimed, "Do you use a new breath style? I've never seen an ice blue katana before!!!"

"Yep! I created a style called Breath of Winter."

Just then, your white crow started talking, "Caw! Caw!"

And that should be orders for my first mission.
_____

I feel like this book is moving a bit slowly, so I wasn't sure if I should speed along the plot a bit...? Also I'm working to making a list of love interest so feel free give suggestions.

See ya in the next update~

— author