Three

I want to give a huge THANK YOU to anyone who is reading this story! You have no idea how much it means to me!!

You made it to chapter 3~ Feel free to point out any errors I may have overlooked. Here's another update, enjoy :D

— the author

~~~~~

Previously...

Tomorrow would be another day of arduous training, she would need a lot of rest.

__________
The months passed. Everyday, you and Tanjiro descended the mountain, swung the sword, practiced the basics like holding your breath and flexibility. Urokodaki-sensei also taught both of you to do total concentration breathing. Having watched the anime, you knew about total concentration breathing: constant, and practiced on your own.

When time came that Urokodaki-sensei started teaching you and Tanjiro the ten forms of water breathing, you struggled a lot.

UGHHHH! Tanjiro's getting ahead of me, isn't he?  You were frustrated after another failed attempt at the first form.

Then, a thought lit up your mind: What if this is simply because you weren't compatible with water breathing? Was it because you aren't from this world? Perhaps you had to try other styles...

You steadied your total concentration breathing, and tried the first form: water surface slash again. But this time, you let inspiration carry you, and your sword moved in a slightly different fashion than what Urokodaki-sensei had taught you. Instead of water, ice concentrated on your sword, you released an attack that sent powerful slashes in many directions.

"D-did I just create my own breathing style...?!" You exclaimed.

The next few days, you worked to create a rough outline of what you called Breath of Winter, creating both offensive and defensive moves. you practiced the seven forms you had created, perfecting the form and eliminating unnecessary movements, making it powerful and efficient.

...

(These are the forms of the Breath of Winter, I came across it online and thought it was really cool, so I decided to incorporate this in my story. I did not create the Breath of Winter and I do not take credit for this wonderful idea!!)

🌨 •≫────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────≪• 🌨

╔═══━━━─── 🌨 ───━━━═══╗

≫ ━─ Breath of 'Winter' ─━ ≪

This breathing style is practically the breath of water but it has a much harsher edge to it, instead of being loosely flowing like the breath of water this breathing style has much more crisp techniques that almost seem akin to the breath of wind.

╌────═ 🌨 ═────╌

This breathing style is derived from the breath of water with certain elements from the breath of wind to add on to the techniques.

──═ 🌨 ═──

≫ ━─ First Form: 'Rapid Frostbite' ─━ ≪

The practitioner dashes forward and as they move they rapidly gather momentum before unleashing a barrage of high powered slashes in every direction, like a blizzard ravaging the area.