03 | 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

EIGHT OH THREE

The sun begins to dip below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the streets of Tokyo as Kuroo leads you back to your apartment building. It was a day of unpacking, coffee, croissants, and new discoveries, and you can't help but feel a sense of excitement that this city is yours.

This city has become your new home, and it has become yours to explore.

Earlier, Kuroo had shown you the university campus, mostly around the main buildings, including the student study centre, the engineering building, and the business buildings where he and Kenma attend their classes. Those are obviously older structures, built with brick and old creaky wood.

However, the newly constructed nursing building is made of glass, in a unique, uneven rectangular shape. It definitely stands out when compared to the rest of the campus. Once inside, everything looks futuristic and modern with smooth stones and metals.

Lastly, Kuroo took you to the bookstore where you found only one of the few textbooks that are on your syllabus. You spend more on school branded scrubs, a stethoscope, a manual blood pressure cuff, and a small nursing guide full of medical terminology and other helpful information.

And during the entire time, you were grateful to have Kuroo's company. He had shown you more kindness and understanding than anyone else back home ever did. The warmth of his friendship was like a comforting embrace, slowly erasing the scars left by your past.

Now, you walk side by side with Kuroo down the eighth floor of your apartment building. "Thank you for everything," you say with appreciation. "Today was fun."

Kuroo's smirk returns. "You're very welcome."

You near your front door at the end of the hallway, half expecting Kuroo to stop by one of the doors on the way, but he stays by your side. Reaching for your keys and fitting it into the lock, you turn around and still find Kuroo, standing with his hands in his pockets, like he's waiting for something.

You stare back at him. "Something wrong?"

Kuroo's brows furrow slightly as a weak laugh leaves him. A brief pause hangs in the air. It's evident that he's searching for the right words.

His lips move, forming silent shapes as he mentally tests out different phrases. Finally, he locks eyes with yours. "You should know that my unit is just across the hall from yours," he points his thumb over his back, directing your attention to the door behind him. "And, since we're at the end of the hallway, we share a wall, and the walls here are... thin."

You nod your head, half understanding the implications of his words. "Okay?"

"I only know this because the person who lived in your unit before you always played loud music all the time, and I can hear it through the walls," Kuroo explains, hoping that you aren't thinking of something absurd. "The wall separates our master bedrooms. Maybe, we should consider ourselves roommates."

"Maybe," you manage a hesitant laugh. "I got nothing to hide, anyway. You don't have to worry about any noise from me."

"Likewise," Kuroo reassures, just before another silence falls over the hallway. He clears his throat, not knowing how to ask without sounding desperate. "In the case that you need help around campus or unpacking, I think I should give you my number... you know, so you can text or call me whenever you..." at this point, he notices your lip quivering, failing to hide a laugh, "whenever you might need me."