20: REDEMPTION

Chapter 20: Redemption

ORION

News flash, I like Angel.

It's a new feeling, and I hate to admit it, but my intellect tells me I like her. Who am I to deny it? My wit is unparalleled; I know that. Yet, I find myself trying to convince myself that I feel nothing. That I'm just bored, because, damn it, I was. Pinipilit ko ang sariling isipin na wala akong nararamdaman. That I was just bored, because damn yes, I was.

But Angel pops into my mind randomly, and I always find myself smiling.

Wait, should I make her queen of hell? I don't think she'd agree to that, kahit pa kaya kong ibigay lahat ng hingin niya sa akin.

But what is this? Why do I have to court her? I mean seriously, hindi niya ba talaga ako gusto? I am charming, very charming! How is that not enough for her to say yes?

Tiningnan ko siya habang tinitingala ang mga bituin sa kalangitan. After our dinner ay niyaya ko siyang maglakad-lakad and she chose a riverside park. She looked fascinated at the night sky, which made me laughed because of her simplicity.

Nagtatakang napatingin naman siya sa akin. "Anong nakakatawa?"

"Wala naman, it's just that you seem amazed with this darkness. Imagine how much more captivating it would be if you stood in a field of stars." Proud na sabi ko.

"You stand in a field of stars?" Nanlalaki ang mga matang tanong niya.

"We used to," sagot ko. "My brother Dearil and I would even have a contest of throwing stars and stuff like that."

"Maganda bang tingnan ang mga bituin mula sa taas?" Tanong niya, curiosity dawning her face.

"Everything up there is beautiful," sagot ko.

Was I sad?

No.

I don't regret the life dad chose for me... I will do as he pleases, pero mukhang kinalimutan na niya ako because he's got a new favorite.

Yup, worst parent ever.

She looked at me with tenderness in her eyes. "Orion, you're crying..."

Kinapa ko ang pisngi. Damn it, it's wet. And if I wasn't trying to establish a good personality for her, I would have told her it's my cum flowing.

But Angel hates that, so I have to control myself.

Nag-iwas ako ng tingin ay pinahid ang mga luha. "Don't mind me, I guess I had faulty tear ducts."

I felt her pat my back in a gentle manner. "It's okay to be sad."

But I am not sad. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang nararamdaman ko. I know I have the worst daddy issues I can't get over with.

"I am not sad," sagot ko. I'm sensitive about this topic kaya ayaw ko sanang pag-usapan ang tungkol dito. But I don't have to tell her that dahil siya na mismo ang umiwas sa paksang iyon.