Chapter 40: Eternal Love

[Ei's PoV]

When I heard Y/n calling me. It surprised me not because she suddenly shouted, but rather this was the first time she ever calls me out by my own name.

So, I shifted my gaze and then saw the incoming lector rushing towards me with a fast pace.

I was about to block its strike but the walls suddenly collapse abruptly.

I just closed my eyes after and expect an incoming pain to come over me but nothing happen.

When I opened my eyes, there, I saw Y/n shielding me with her wings in her Thunderbird form that's a bit larger from the first time I saw her transform— this time, it was somewhat different as though she had reached the peak of her true potential like her sister.

I was truly shocked by Y/n's act of kindness since this was the first time I saw her do this; never before had Y/n shown a shred of compassion for me in the past or so I thought.

"Y/n..! You saved me..." I gratefully said.

However, she just looked at me in her Thunderbird form before looking away.

"Wait, were you hurt from the impact?" I asked and hurriedly inspected her though Y/n just shook her head then returns to her human form that made me hugged her to which she hugs me back in response.

"Thank you, Y/n. I did not expect I would be saved by you but now, looking back on everything, you really do care for me. It was truly fate that led us together..."

I can hear sigh,"Hey, now. My body receives what the mind achieves. It somehow moves on its own and managed to save you in time. I'm just surprised I was able to transform myself into my true Thunderbird size a minute ago since after you sealed me, it was like as though my powers were sealed too that it's restricting me to use my own full potential."

Oh, I see. Now that explains why I didn't see her use her own form every time we battle.

"So that really was your full Thunderbird form? It truly is magnificent, and it makes me wish that I could see it again in the future. But for now, all that matters is that you rescued me, and I cannot thank you enough for that."

After I said that, she stares at me affectionately as though an idea seemed to brew inside of head.

"...Well, you could thank me some other way." Y/n slightly smirked at me while I couldn't help but to chuckle at her words.

"Oh? Perhaps you're now getting bolder than I thought."

I gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"There, a little reward for your efforts for saving me, and I cannot begin to express how important that is to me."

I said this in gratitude but Y/n just smirks at me.

"How about a bigger reward?" Y/n then puts her hand on my cheek and pulls me into another kiss.

"Aren't you quite desperate today?" I asked her teasingly.

"The answer is clear enough, Ei."

She kisses me again, passionately and slipped her tongue inside.

Even in the midst of chaos, we were still embracing each other tightly.

As we exchanged tongues, my mind was a total blank, unaware of my own actions. I was completely focused on Y/n, and the joy and bliss I felt with her.

The kiss only grew deeper and more passionate as our tongues danced together in our mouths.