Chapter 39: Imposter

[Ei's PoV]

The portal led us to a dark place where no light can be seen except for the glowing filth on the ground. The air is quite thick as if it was filled with some sort of miasma.

The four of us look around the area, trying to get a feel for our environment. The walls are covered in strange and unreadable symbols, and I noticed a faint light in the distance coming from what looks like a small room.

The thick air makes each breath feel heavy and the filth on the ground seems even more disgusting up close. I can feel a presence in here— an ancient and primal energy.

We take small steps forward, feeling the weight of the miasma and uncertain of what lies ahead. A strange sound fills my ears, like a soft whispering in the distance.

"Something about this place is... off." I said.

Aether then agrees with me,"I don't know if that's the worst part..."

"...What's that sound? It's so quiet, yet so loud!" Paimon stated and hid behind the Traveler.

Me, Y/n, Aether and Paimon look around in silence, trying to determine the source of the sound.

As we moved further, a large group of Abyssal Herald suddenly ambushed us as if they were aware of our presence.

"You intrude upon the domain of the Abyss. No creature born from the Abyss can tolerate such insolence..."

The Abyssal Heralds' voices filled the air as they close in on me and my companions.

Paimon's eyes widen in fear as she sees the Abyss mobs swarm over us. We ready ourselves for battle since the Abyss Heralds are no easy opponents to be dealt with, however they are still under my league as an Archon.

Aether and Y/n summoned their weapons while I also summoned my blade left by my sister: The Musou Isshin.

The Abyssal Heralds cornered us all as the group enters a fierce battle.

The Musou Isshin is an impressive sword that is not to be taken lightly, and Y/n's skill at using her blade and the electro element is undeniable too along with Aether.

The group fights hard, but the Abyssal Heralds' numbers and power keep their fight intense.

The Abyssal Heralds are fast and ferocious, and they surround us in the dimly lit ruins. They fight with speed, coordination and raw strength.

As I fight, I can hear the voices of the Abyss surrounding us as though their whispers are slowly driving me mad.

"We will have our vengeance. Teyvat will fall." Their voices seem to be coming not only from all around me, but inside my mind as well.

The Abyssal Heralds launch multiple AoE attacks, forcing the group to scatter and dodge away.

As we keep on fighting, the whispers of the Abyss grow louder and more threatening by the second.

"There's so many of them!" Paimon yells over all the noise of the battle.

"We need a way to fight back!" The Traveler takes a deep breath before unleashing his Elemental Burst.