[ ⚖️ ] 𝟏

Ah yes, Fontaine. A wonderful city in Teyvat. It's full of Justice, and may be of love. This is 1910's France though. Surely enough, this was one day that nobody will forget. As it was the day of a groundbreaking trial, enough to stress anybody out.

• —— ⚖️ —— •

Sigewinne, who was doing a part time delivery service, was putting up posters that gave news about the trial. Wriothesley, walked up to Sigewinne and took a poster. Sigewinne responded with a "hmph!" sound as he did so. Wriothesley looked down at her, and just softly smiled.

"Care to explain the response?" Wriothesley said, giving the poster back to Sigewinne after examining it. She snatched the poster back, looking up at Wrio with utter disappointment. She spoke.

"You can't just snatch things out of other people's hand! that's mean!" She said, pouting. Wriothesley just chuckled after her response. Sigewinne sighed, looking up at him. She then remembered something, her ears peeking up. She took a letter from her bag. The letter was elegantly decorated on the envelope, which actually impressed Wriothesley. Sigewinne raised her hand to give Wrio the letter. Wrio took the letter, and observed it.

"This came for you!" Sigewinne said, smiling now. She put her hands behind her back, waiting for Wriothesley's response. Wriothesley just raised an eyebrow, putting the letter in his pocket. Sigewinne then narrowed her eyebrows, frowning. She wondered why Wriothesley didn't open it. She sighed, then folded her arms, keeping her gaze on Wrio. Wrio then smiled, putting a hand on his hip.

"I'll open this later. You can open the letter with me later on today." Wriothesley said, looking down at Sigewinne. Sigewinne then spoke. "Alright, but you better open it with me today! It's something regarding the trial!" Wrio's eyes just slightly widened, his eyebrow just only raising as Sigewinne mentioned the trial. Wrio nodded, now putting a hand on his chin. The trial was really on his mind today, but would it really be that worth it? Wrio just continued to think. Whatever, one guy was on his mind though..

Neuvillette. Neuvillette was on his mind.

Wrio couldn't exactly think about why he was on his mind. Was it his good looks...? Was it his role in Fontaine...? Was it his alliance with Focalors...? Wriothesley didn't know. He just shrugged it off, now looking at Sigewinne again. Sigewinne was too busy squishing ants to even glance at Wriothesley. Wriothesley sighed, picking Sigewinne up.

"Hey! What was that for!" Sigewinne said, pouting again. Wriothesley was stoic at the moment, then spoke. "Oh shut it, Sige. I'm just taking you to the office where we can read the letter." Wrio said, continuing to walk over to the office.

 (Note: I'm not sure if an office will be apart of Fontaine, but this is one of the locations i can add.)

In the office, Wriothesley sat down at a table. So did Sigewinne. Wriothesley opened the envelope, and the letter was inside of course. He took it out, and decided to read it. Sigewinne exited the table for a few minutes, before coming back with drinks. She placed the drinks on a coaster before gently pushing them slightly infront of her. She had tea, and a drink that looked like fruit juice or something. It definitely wasn't fruit juice. She grinned. She wanted to try and trick Wriothesley. Wriothesley then looked over, looking at the drinks. He then hovered his hand over the cup of tea. He felt around it before taking the handle and drinking it. Sigewinne looked up at Wrio, slightly mad he didn't pick the 'fruit juice.' 

Wriothesley then set the cup of tea down back on the coaster before turning his eyes back to the letter. Sigewinne wasn't minding her business as well, curious to see what was in the letter. She wasn't even the right age for a trial, but she wanted to see something interesting for once. She stood on the table over Wriothesley's shoulder, peeking at the letter as well. Wriothesley was going to read.

What's in the letter?

——————————————————

wee woo wee woo it's the fontaine police! i'll be working on this next chapter later. stay tuned!

(did you get the Fontaine trailer reference in this chapter? yes/no?)

word count: 701 💥