Back to Where it Began

I care about him. I really do but what the hell does he want from my life now? I just want to live now and not worry about a guy cheating on me. Is that too much to ask for?

Ray: Just let me talk to you

Meesha: Ray no

Ray: We can work this out we can-

Meesha: Just be friends

Ray: You know I can’t do that

Meesha: Then I guess you don’t really want me in your life then do you?

Ray: (sighs) Please Meesha?

Meesha: Ray (looks at him serious)

Ray: Okay okay. Just friends. And you’re still gonna go with him aren’t you

Meesha: Who?

Ray: Jacob. You are gonna date him now aren’t you?

Meesha: I don’t know Ray. I shouldn’t jump right into another relationship. But go out with Shay I’m sure she enjoyed your little date a few weeks ago

Ray: It wasn’t a dat-

Meesha: You still lying to me Ray? And you want me to take you back?

Ray: (sigh) Baby look

Meesha: Ray I’m notyour baby

Ray: I’m sorry old habits die hard (thinking) She’s not the same girl I met two years ago. She’s smarter now and wiser and I took her for granted. Now she’s gone for good.

Meesha: Look I care about you so much Ray you mean everything to me but I think us being friends is better for both of us. You got your career and I have mine. Let’s focus on just that

(Four Hours later)

Meesha: Okay I just want some time okay? Can I warm up with a little beyonce?

Keisha: Of course anything you want. You want this recorded or?

Meesha: Recorded would be nice… “I thought that things like this get better with time but I still need you, why is that? You're the only image in my mind. So I still see you... around. I miss you, like every day. Wanna be with you, but you're away. Said I miss you, missing you insane. But if I got with you, could it feel the same?” I believed every word I sang. And no this wasn’t for Ray or any other boy. It was for papa. I love him so much and every second I’m still here I long for his hugs and his preaching and his love. He is one man that won’t leave me like these other boys. I miss him.

Demi: Wow Meesha that was beautiful. I felt it

Cali: Yea you need to hear it out here

Keisha: Play back

Meesha: As I listened to myself sing I couldn’t help but cry. I was living my dream ya know? So why is this the only thing I have going for me? Everything else in my life was falling apart and I couldn’t hold it all together anymore with the glue that was my positive attitude.

Demi: (closes her eyes and sing along) Yea I feel this way about him sometimes

Meesha: About uncle Lance?

Demi: Yea. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think “what if” ya know?

Meesha: Yea I do.

Keisha: You know we could put this out as a cover to her song.

Meesha: I would love that please.

(Back at the house)

Meesha: I’ve called you all here today because there is something I want to tell you. I’ve decided to take a break from this music thing and go back what

Everyone: What? (Whispers between themselves)

Meesha: Now guys you gotta understand I am not happy here. I need to go where I am happy.

Cali: Come on Meesha you can’t do this.

Meesha: My daddy needs me. My whole family needs me (looks at Demi) They need us

Demi: I guess momma does need us both doesn’t she?

Meesha: Yes Dem and I know you’ve made friends here but New York is where we belong

Demi: I guess you’re right

Robin: So that means you guys will just disappear?

Meesha: I don’t know. Whatever God has planned it will happen

Jacob: Can’t you see it Meesh? Even when he’s dead and gone your dad still has a hold on you. You have to let him go!

Meesha: Let him go? Is that the advice you’re going to give me? LET MY FATHER GO?! Do you know how hard it was for him to get where he was. He had nothing and no one but me and my mother and he built a church with only 5 members at the time. Let him go? He was a strong man and he made a strong church supported by his strong family. My father is me and I am him. We are one no matter how much we disagree. So you know what? I’m out of here. Cali if you want to come back home to New York speak up now but my mind is made up!

Cali: I-I (closes her eyes) I can’t

Meesha: (sighs) I see you've made yours up too (shakes head) Good-bye guys, I’ll miss you all…