Excuse me. Where am I?

I laid down after a long day at work. I felt that I'd accomplished much today.

Tomorrow was looking to be even better.

As I closed my eyes, I heard a voice call my name and I said "yes," for reasons unbeknownst to me.

When I woke up, I was looking at a ceiling that was far too ornate.

I recalled the dream I'd had where I supposedly met God.

He said that I had died far too soon and that I was going to be reincarnated into another world.

"I do apologize, but, going back to your world isn't an option so I'll be sending you to Eldridge.

It's just like Earth, but magic, magic beasts, monsters, and demihumans exist.

I'll grant you the ability to use any magic at all, as well as create new magic.

Your magic capacity and magic power will far exceed any on the planet.

Oh, also. You'll never need training to fight as I'm granting you all manner of fighting techniques, from both worlds, as base instincts.

You may say no to this next one.

Another instinct and this may seem to hold you back. You will never fall in love unless her personality is a perfect compliment to your own."

"Thank you, I appreciate it," I said.

"No problem. Oh, do tell. How do the clothes fit you?"

"They're perfect, thank you. I mean, sure, no one will think that I'm approachable in this, but it's fine."

I smiled.

"They'll be awaiting you in a chest by the road leading to the castle city and they will grow as you do.

They're called living garments and were made from the skin of a dragon."

"Won't someone take them?"

"The chest will only call out and appear to you.

It will be made of mother of pearl and gilded with gold.

Once you touch it, others will see it too.

I'll leave other items in there as well and, no matter what, they'll match you in every way, level-wise.

After all, the serpent whom that skin belonged to requested it this way."

"May I see the serpent?"

.......

Anyway, I woke up in a six-year-old body.

Little Gale had died from a fever.

When I sat up, Mother screamed as the pastor fell to the floor in fear.

"Mommy, daddy? I'm hungry."

"Gale!? How are you alive?"

Then I noticed where I was and realized why the ceiling was so ornate.

I was sitting up in a casket at my own funeral.

The pastor got up from the floor and pulled a vial from his pocket.

"Be gone, demon!"

He splashed me with water, but nothing happened.

Everyone was silent.

"Why am I up here? Am I being sacrificed to the church?"

"No!" My mother shouted, running to pick me up and hold me to her.