Promise VII

As expected, the entire 'sweet birthday date between Luo Yunxi and Mrs. Luo' was in the headlines and most searched before the day even ended. I thought that we weren't followed after the amusement park, but I was wrong. Though we both wore low caps after we left the amusement park, we were still followed down until we had our dinner at a restaurant and went home for the day.

I flipped the channels away mindlessly as Yunxi came out, smelling all fresh with his pyjamas on, and casually dropped beside me. I'm getting used to him squeezing beside me and not being bothered anymore.

"Are you sure I can't?"

Yunxi widened his eyes and pouted at me, making me see a little resemblance to a cat that made me almost giggle.

"No," I said to him. "Why would you post a picture of us kissing on your social media?"

He looked at me as if I had three heads. "Because there's nothing wrong with a husband kissing his legal wife."

I shrugged at him and let out a low sigh. "Okay, okay, I admit that this is the actual media stir that you would have made if you actually intended to make one. You've made us headlines, and now you're just showing me off to the public eye for no reason."

"There is a reason for all this." He said. "Before the media wants to say I am keeping a 'secret wife' or 'secret affair', I want to make you public first."

I rolled my eyes, pulled the small pillow beside me, and threw it in his direction. "You already made us public the day you first kissed me. And now today. Who would dare say you are keeping a secret wife?"

"We didn't have a ceremony." He pulled down the pillow and sat nearer to me. "We should have a proper ceremony. Let everyone around us know we are a real couple."

Real couple? There's a little itch in my heart that appeared when he said that term.

"What do you think?" he asked, pulling my hands onto his lap.

It took all my efforts to not move my hands at all as I bit my inner lips. If we were to hold this ceremony, then this entire marriage would feel real. Perhaps a little too real.

"On one condition." I looked him in the eye.

His eyes sparkled momentarily as his warm hands squeezed mine. "Anything you want."

"Never make that photo public." My eyes looked at his phone, which was almost innocently sitting on the side.

He pursed his lips and pressed some things on his phone before showing me the main screen of his locked phone. "I, at least, have the rights to do this."

I glared at his gleeful face, but not for long; he kissed my fingertips and held my hand on his cheek. "I will take care of everything for our ceremony. It'll be perfect, my Xiao Nuo."

Xiao Nuo, let's try to trust him this time.

---

"Nuo Nuo, all you had to do was say one word to Grandpa, and you wouldn't have to lift even one finger. Grandpa can organise anything for you."

I smiled at the familiar voice on the other end of the line.

"Yunxi wanted to organise this, so let him be, Grandpa." I said it softly. "After all, I don't want it to be too much of a grand wedding, and I know you would make it very big."

"You're my only granddaughter; Grandpa has to make it big. The Yi Family isn't just any family."

I sighed inwardly, knowing that Grandpa wouldn't let this go.