Promise IV

Luo Yunxi, until when are you going to keep up this act?

I gave him a sideways glance as I talked into the phone. "Grandpa, should I just go to you, then?"

"My Nuo Nuo, I would be happy if you could come, but this is a little too far away. You should ask Xiao Luo if he's letting you come."

"I'll talk to him, and I'll let you know." Biting my inner lips, I ended the call and looked at Yunxi, who supported his elbow on the sofa with his eyes on me, patiently waiting for me to talk.

"Grandpa is in a remote town; they are reconstructing a part of it into a resort. It's pretty far away, and he would probably be there for the next few months."

His eyebrows raised, and he nodded in my direction. "So you want to go there?"

"I want to go see Grandpa."

Yunxi looked away for a bit in deep thought, but I was really hoping he'd just let me go alone. It's been a couple of days, and he literally did not let me out of his sights for even a few minutes. He became a very clingy person, and he acted so cheerfully as if nothing had happened between us at all.

I'm not one to know his entire schedule, but he had a few days off, and that itself is already a long time off for him. The most I've seen him take time off was half a day.

"I have an interview tomorrow and a few things throughout the week." He sighed as he thought about it, looking at his phone, probably opening his texts with his manager. "How about this? I should be able to clear my schedule for the weekend, so we can go together. Just wait a few more days."

"How about I go a few days earlier?"

Bzz bzz

His phone vibrated, and he showed me his screen. "I bought the tickets."

I smiled but sighed a little inside. He really won't let me out of his sight.

---

Stretching my arms, I looked at the far wall and realised it was almost midday. Yunxi went out early in the morning for an interview, and he said he'd be back by midday or late afternoon at most. To be fair, I really enjoyed my time alone, and the last few days have been weird for me.

The clingy Luo Yunxi was not up to my expectations.

He did as he promised; he totally made me feel needed. A little too much, in fact.

Since that day, he has literally not let me out of his sight. The times he used to lock himself up with practise or whatnot in the study room, he would hang around where I do. If I sat in the living room, he'd follow me. If I went to the study room to get a book, he'd also follow me. Heck, he followed me when I was doing laundry, and he didn't even need to be there.

"Luo Yunxi, I am right in front of you; it's not like I would run away!"
"I just want to be with you all the time."

Though I have to admit, I do feel pampered when he does all the housework without me having to even ask. Before I could get the hover, he'd already be doing it. Before I could get the wipes to clean the tables, he'd already be doing it, and he told me to sit down and relax. For the past few days, he didn't even want me to be doing the cooking, though he'd insist I'd be sitting at the kitchen counter to 'accompany' him while he did it.

"You didn't have to do all this; I can do it."
"Xiao Nuo, you are my wife. I can do all the housework, and you only need to sit there and be pampered. Even when I was busy, I would do some housework once in a while; it didn't bother me at all."

I knew that. It just feels weird when I'm actually seeing him do it in front of my eyes instead of waking up to a freshly mopped floor.

Sighing, I looked at the opened small suitcase on the nearby table, which was almost full with my own clothes. We're only staying over the weekend with Grandpa, so I wasn't really going to pack so much.