Chapter 17

In the first few lines (Y/n) mentions how something is modeled after Circus Baby. I'm not sure if it actually is, but when Markiplier pointed out the similarity I thought it'd be cool to add! This chapter is pretty lengthy. Consider it a treat for my long absense!

~~~

"So, do they always just stand there and look helpless?" Gregory points to the bots behind the service counter in Bonnie Bowl.

"They have always looked oddly familiar, but not in a good way." Michael winces as he combs through his mind as to why they might be so familiar.

"I may have an answer. The owners of the plex wanted to pay homage to the creators of the whole Freddy franchise thing with subtle things other than the main animatronics. To my knowledge, those service bots are modeled after Circus Baby." I shrug my shoulders. Out of the corner of my eye, I watch as Michael visibly stiffens as he makes the connection in his head. He continues to watch the bots. I lay my hand on his bicep to grab his attention. When it eventually shifts to me, I mouth, 'Are you ok?' To which he returns to me a nod and an uneasy smile.

I let it slide for now, but I know I'll pester him about it later. I give his arm a squeeze and a soft smile. I begin to let my arm slip off, but Michael is quick. He grabs my arm, yanking me into his side. Just when I think Michael is being sweet, he lays his hand on top of my hair, rubbing back and forth in a fast manner, effectively messing up my hair. "Look at you being so sweet and caring! What have you done with my (Y/n)?"

I ignore the way hearing him say 'My (Y/n)' makes my heart flutter. As I swat his hand away, I fix my hair. "What are you talking about? I was literally being sweet and comforting to you earlier!"

"Mmmmmm, I don't remember that!" He sends me a wink as he chuckles.

"Yeah, whatever..." I roll my eyes as I lead Gregory and Michael behind the counter.

"Sooo, these bots won't mess with us?" Gregory asked, his voice dripping with confusion.

"No, they don't have any security protocols in their program. They basically just stand there and look pretty when it isn't business hours." I open the backstage door, leading them to the ice cream freezer. "Michael, Can you grab the mix while I lift the door?"

Michael lets a small 'Mhmm' echo from him while he watches me move towards the freezer. As I open the door, Michael reaches in and grabs the mix. I find a discarded duffle bag on the floor, most likely used to transport the mix up here, and open it up for Michael to put the mix in. He's quick to take the heavy bag from my hands and sling it over his shoulder.

"Before we go anywhere, we need to establish how this is going to be executed." I turn to look at them as I close the freezer.

"I'll place the mix in the compactor, Gregory; you'll flip the generator switch, and (Y/n) you'll wait for both of us to get back and find a way to get Chica near the compactor. This way, we can make sure no one gets stuck and possibly hurt."

"I think that'll be the best course of action." I smile as I lead the way back into the main area of Bonnie Bowl. "Let's just hurry up and get this over with. The quicker we get the upgrade, the quicker we can get back to Freddy."

~~~

Why are there so many damn security bots in this kitchen?

I watch as Michael places the mix into the compactor along with an empty soda can I found on the floor and slowly sneaks back to where I am crouched. I turn in the direction Gregory went to watch for him to return. As we wait, I grab a piece of tinfoil from the roll on the shelf beside me. I begin to form it into a ball. I feel Michael lean into me to see what I'm doing.