Chapter 2

This chapter has been proofread as of 5:20ish 1/31! Please let me know if you catch a mistake!

11/08/23 minor edits made.

~~~

"Before we begin the task, I have these Fazbear watches for you two. (Y/n), I'm sure you are familiar with them, so if Gregory needs help with them and I am not around, please help him." Freddy states as he opens his chest cavity to display the watches he had mentioned.

"Now then, I can escort you two to the main entrance, but you or Gregory will have to climb through the vents and release me from outside." Freddy states

I look at Gregory, and he looks at me. In a synchronized motion, we both point at each other.

"Look kid. I'm sure I'm not small enough to fit in the vents in this room. You're gonna have to do it." I squat and offer him a small smile. "I'll guide you with the watch if you need my help. There should be a walkie-talkie option. Though, if we need to be quiet, we can communicate through the encrypted message option." I pat his head.

"I've activated the Freddy button in the back. You'll both be able to use it now. You should probably hurry on. We are nearing midnight rapidly."

I grab Gregory's hand as we walk towards the door. I press the button and guide Gregory through, but not before turning around.

"Be on the watch for Vanessa. She may pop in; if she does, please let me know." With that, I walk Gregory to the vent, popping off the cover.

"You got this! We just need you to open Freddy's door for us." I go to help Gregory up to the vents, but not before he hops in; he turns around.

"Why can't you open the door? You have a key, right?" Gregory whines.

"I know it's annoying, but my key only lets me in. I go down to parts and services using the elevators in the next room over. That's through those doors. Corporate deemed it "cheaper" to only give me an entrance key. Even if we did that, it would take too long, and it's risky. Not only would we have Vanessa to worry about, but the other animatronics too. Since their doors connect to the maintenance hallway as they lead to the elevators for parts and services." I explain this to Gregory.

I know he's terrified of having to do this, and I completely understand. Vanessa is out there, and he's going to have to avoid her. I don't tell him that, though. I don't need him to be more scared than he already is.

So with everything explained, I helped lift Gregory up into the vent.

He turns around, and I give him a reassuring thumbs up. When he disappears around the corner, I return to Freddy. I let him know that Gregory was in route. We sat there in silence and waited for the young boy to let us out.

About roughly 3 minutes later, Gregory's tiny body scurried past Freddy's window.

"Freddy! (Y/n)! This stupid door won't open!

"You didn't tell him he would need a photopass?" I glared daggers at Freddy as he turned to look at me. Shrugging his shoulders with his hands raised in defense.

"Gregory, I'm sorry! You'll need a photopass. I thought you already had one. You can retrieve one from the convenience counter." Freddy states.

"There should be a sign that says free photopass around the counter. When you turn around to leave Freddy's area, turn right and head for the gate; that's where the convenience counter is located."

With that, we listen as Gregory's footsteps disappear.

I look around Freddy's room, noticing all the small gifts and drawings given to him. Some were just scribbles on pages; others were more intricate and clearly took some time to draw. That's when something catches my eye in the corner of Freddy's room.