Chapter 16

Chapter 15 has been heavily edited as I realize I accidently cut out a scene in the game. I encourage you to go back and read the last chapter. This also will be posted slightly proofread. I will proofread it fully Saturday or Sunday. Also when text is in bold and has quotation marks around them it's text being read off of an item. 

Also really long A/n at the end so I don't have to post a separate chapter.

Oh! One more thing! A warm welcome back to myself and you lovelies! ;)

Chapter has been edited as of 12/18/23

~~~

Michael and I continue at a slower pace than Freddy and Gregory. I use this time to try to beat some answers out of him.

"So, I get that you want to go after the animatronics, but what's so important about this security office?" I lean into Michael so I can speak without the others hearing.

"There's a desk that holds higher-level security badges. I know, we will be lucky if there's even one there, but it'll be important if we want to get into areas that the animatronics are usually in."

"Clever, aren't you?" I smirk at Michael as he shrugs his shoulders.

"Just trying to help as much as I can."

We enter the main lobby of Fazerblast. Freddy stays in the lobby as Michael guides us to a set of doors off to the side of the room. We navigate a hallway before we enter the security room at the end of the hall.

"You three must hurry! They know you are here!" Freddy's voice pours from the watches.

"Shit!" I watch as Michael yanks open the door and pulls out two badges, both with level 5 written in sharpie. He pulls out a third item, which happens to be a bowling alley pass. "We will keep this just in case. Gregory, you'll take a security badge, and (Y/n) and I will share one just in case you have to split up from us." He passes a badge off to Gregory and clips the other to his belt.

Michael goes to head out the door, but I stop him. "I think it's best we decide on a plan before we walk out into the chaos that's bound to be waiting."

Silence falls amongst the group as we stand, all of us racking our brains for the next idea of what to do and where to head. If we are to decommission the animatronics... Who's the easiest? Who's going to put up the most fight? Which part is more important? I unclip my work phone that's clipped to my belt. I pull up past maintenance logs and notes taken on the animatronics' bizarre behavior that needed to be addressed in routine checks. I watch from the corner of my eye as Michael picks up Gregory to hold him. He adjusts Gregory to his left hip as he makes his way over to where he leans his right side into my left so both him and Gregory can peer at the phone.

"What are you doing?" His voice comes out softly, close to my ear, and a shiver runs down my spine. I jerk my head to look at him, nearly knocking our foreheads together at the close proximity, and my face starts to heat up. I pull my head back and raise a questioning eyebrow at him. I watch as he holds a smile on his face, but he's clearly holding back his laughter.

"You think you're really funny for a guy who nearly took a tumble down the stairs when you were making a break for the lift in the atrium." I turn my head to continue scrolling through the logs.

Michael chokes on his words as his face contorts into a look of betrayal. He goes to speak, but I cut him off.

"I'm looking at past logs on the animatronics in hopes there's something here that can be used against them. Do we have any clue who we can go after first? Who might be the easiest?" I turn back to look at Michael and Gregory, as both of them seem to be lost in thought.