The Party

Lucia pov

⚠️MAJOR TW: VIOLENCE, SEXUAL ASSAULT, UNDERAGE DRINKING⚠️

We made it to the party in about 15 minutes. The sounds of loud music and yelling was audible from down the street. How could people stand doing these so often. I mean, I was all for getting drunk, but the after-effects of a party like this...

As soon as Amelia and I walked in, we saw shit that we definitely weren't supposed to. Willow was already there, making out with some pink-haired girl on the couch. Eh, Hunter doesn't need to know, I thought.

"Dude, is your roommate making out with my roommate?" Amelia yelled over the music, pointing at Willow.

"THATS YOUR ROOMMATE?" I yelled and she nodded and we both burst out in laughter. "Well, you find someplace to chill, I can go get us some drinks." Amelia nodded and we went our separate ways. When I got to the kitchen, there were a bunch of people in there. Including one person I knew from back home: Zander.

Zander and I had broken up a few times, but now I could barely stand the sight of his face. I grabbed some clear liquor and took three quick shots, not giving myself time to even thank about the dumbass before I was tipsy. I took a short break and then 2 more shots. I grabbed two cocktail looking drinks and downed one before going to find Amelia.

AMELIA POV

Almost as soon as Lucia left I was approached by 2 guys. They both wore the college letterman jackets and were at least 6 feet tall. One was blond, the other had scruffy brown hair. They basically backed me into a corner and forced me into conversation.

"Now, who are you?" The blond one said, tilting my head up with his index finger under my chin, forcing me into eye contact. I swatted his hand down but he pinned the other hand by my head onto the wall behind me.

"Hey Zander," the brown-haired boy said quietly behind him. I looked past the guy to see a dude with black hair joining the group.

"Unh uh, you look at me and answer my question. The blondie moved to block my view.

"M- my name's Amelia," I said nervously. Who knows what a guy like him could do to me?

"Amelia...?"

"Blight."

"Wait, Blight? As in Bight Industries? Ooh, I'd get a good reputation sleeping with a rich girl like you." It didn't sound like he was asking for permission.

"Can you please leave me alone? I'm not interested." I couldn't say much before he had pushed me into a small hallway.

"No. You're gonna do just what I say," he grabbed me by the throat and whispered, "and you won't get hurt." There were tears welling up in my eyes, I had no breath left, so I nodded and he let go. His henchmen were gone and he pushed me into a room.

Oh no. What was about to happen? I was so scared of all the possibilities that all I could do was sit there and do nothing as the guy pushed me onto a bed and closed the door. The breath left my lungs as he began to take off his jacket... unbuckle his belt... come towards the bed and cover my mouth...

BANG! Somebody opened the door. I looked over and saw Lucia, thank God. But, she was missing her jacket, her beanie was gone, and... was that blood?! Her nose was bleeding! Her knuckles and shirt were covered in blood as well! What was going on.

Next thing I knew, she lunged at the guy that was on top of me. He hit the wall on the other side of the bed and then fell to the floor. All I could do was sit there and watch as he and Lucia fought.

He got back up and swung at her. She ducked and ran for his waist, slamming him into the wall again. This time, he pushed her back. They were both on the floor, him on top, but Lucia wrapped her legs around his waist and rotated them both over. I saw a toothy grin on her bloodied face as she began punching him repeatedly. At one point she moved her leg into his crotch and dug her knee in. The pain showed on his face through all the blood. I had to do something.

I got up and buttoned my jeans. Lucia continued to pummel in the guys face, the frightening smile still on hers.

"LUCIA STOP," I screamed. She didn't seem to hear me through her rage. Blood continued to fly as I ran towards her. I tried to pull her off, and as soon as I did I let her go, which was a mistake. She quickly and harshly stomped on the guys abdomen, and I heard the sickening crunch of ribs snapping. "LUCIA WE HAVE TO GO!" I dragged her out of the room, through the house, and out the door, not stopping to look at any of the people staring at us.

Once we were out, I looked at lucia. "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?" I yelled as she sat down on the curb. She looked up at me with a soft expression on her face.

"Amelia~oh, Amelia, are you okay?" Her words were slurred, and she looked at my neck. "He was hurting you, Ams, I wasn't gonna let that happen." Her eyes were half-lidded. She was drunk as fuck.

"Lucia, you nearly killed him, and you got hurt too... Y- you can't-" My words were cut short. Lucia put a hand on my face and stroked my cheek with her thumb. I softly grabbed her wrist and brought her hand down. Not while she's drunk, I said to myself.

I took off my own jacket and used it to wipe some of the blood off her face. I never wore that jacket anyways. "I need your keys, Lucia, I'm gonna drive us home." She grabbed her keys out of one of the pockets on her pants.

She whispered something that I couldn't hear. "Say that again?"

"Amelia, can I please kiss you~" My breath hitched in my throat.

"Not while you're drunk," I did want to kiss her, but not in this state. Instead, I hugged her tightly. She buried her face in my neck and hair and started drunk crying. Oh god, now I really need to get her home.

I helped her stand up and put her in the passenger seat of her little red car that smelled strongly of weed, mixed with Lucia's comforting vanilla scent.

I drove back to the dorm building, thinking back to what had happened at the party. How does this happen to me so frequently? Was it because I was weak?

My thoughts were full the whole drive home. I helped Lucia stumble up the 4 flights of stairs. I left her in her room while she changed into something to sleep in, thank God I didn't have to help her with that.

"You can come in," I heard behind the door. Lucia wore a hoodie and sweats.

"Goodnight Lucia," I said. I began to close the door.

"Wait," I looked back at the drunken mess, "please stay." The look in her eyes was begging me. I walked back towards her and grabbed some water from her nightstand. I handed it to her and stroked her cheek with my thumb, the same way she did to me earlier.

"Okay," I whispered. I waited until Lucia closed her eyes to get up and turn off the lights. I stole some sweatpants and a hoodie off the ground and changed into them. I laid in the bed next to Lucia. I left some distance, but that was soon filled by Lucia cuddling up against me.

I didn't fall asleep quickly, since my mind was still racing, but once it calmed down, sleeping by Lucia was the best sleep I had had in a long time.

A/n: i know i know its exactly like other lumity party chapters, plz dont be mad. and yeah, im keeping zander, im pretty sure he comes around in a few other fics. he didnt have a huge role in this story, but, well see what happens next. again, if you like these stories please go back and vote on all of them, it helps push it so more people can see it. thx for reading!

1425 words