Savior

AMITY POV
.
.
.
.
tw: violence, weed (idk if that triggers anybody)

I walked back to my dorm. The sun was starting to set and the air was crisp. Fall is the best season, no doubt about it.

I took my time walking back home, my thoughts drifting back to that Lucia girl. She kinda annoying. I mean, sure she had humor, charm, style, nice hair, nice hands... NO. Nope. She was just annoying.
Don't let the gay thoughts win over right now Amelia. I pulled out my airpods and shuffled a playlist. I looked at what song was on.

Bubble Gum- Clairo.

The soft guitar sounded in my ears. This song always calmed down my mind. It was the perfect mix of sad and calm. I remember listening to this in my room after a hard day in high school. The song finished, as did 2 more after it before I got to my dorm.

When I walked in, Boscha and Skara were all over each other on the couch, one of my bottles of white liquor on the coffee table. Already? It's barely 4:30 I rolled my eyes and walked straight into my room to avoid seeing something I regretted.

I put my stuff on my bed and changed out of my clothes. I put on a black hoody and some flowy black pants. I always found a way to dress so emo.

I sat back on my bed and pulled my laptop out of my tote bag. Something else fell out with it. It was a napkin with some writing. There was a phone number and under it was written:

Text me sometime, Minty

It must've been that girl from the cafe. How did she even get that in there? I decided to text her.

Amelia: who is this?

I thought I would have to wait like an hour, but about 5 minutes later, I received a text back.

Unknown: heyyy it's lucia.
Unknown: is this blight?

I quickly made her contact and texted her back.

Amelia: yes

Lucia: dam blight, ru a dry texter

Amelia: i said one word.

Lucia: exactly

Amelia: ?

Lucia: nvm

Amelia: ok

She read my text but didn't respond. I felt a pang of... disappointment? No. She's even annoying over text. Anyways, I put my phone down and pulled out my laptop to watch a movie. I went onto disney and turned on my comfort movie: Frozen.

Ok, so it's a kids' movie, but I loved the music, all the hidden details, it was just such a good movie!! Please don't shame me. Also, when I was really little, I had the biggest crush on Elsa. Let It Go was literally my gay awakening.

Anyways, I watched the movie and cried at the ending as always, and by this time it was 7, and already dark. Another reason I loved fall. I decided to go outside to smoke a cigarette. I looked into the mirror. My makeup was smudged, so I just wiped it all off. I put my messy green hair in a half-up style and grabbed my cigarettes and lighter.

When I got out of the building, I lit my cigarette. I looked around and saw 2 figures sitting on a bench, also smoking, but from the smell, it wasn't just a cigarette. They had a quiet conversation going on that I couldn't hear. It annoyed me that other people were out here.

I inhaled a few more puffs, and the saw somebody walking towards me from the side. I tried my best to ignore whoever it was.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out here all alone?" the gruff voice beside me said. Ugh. Confrontation.