MYSTERY/THRILLER/CRIME 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗘𝗪𝗦

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

────   judge : yessiekookie16   ────

- THE SHADOW LIKE ME -
123hikibakas

COVER : 5/5

The cover was quite creative, along with the font being quite unusual, in a good way. I'm sure the author can catch the attention of the readers with the cover and font they use.

TITLE : 5/5

'Shadow like Me' Of course, it would sound like a story of a person having a dark past or a horrible personality that they don't want to reveal. This is exactly what the story was about, the title fits perfectly with the genre as well as with the story, and it connected easily in the first few chapters.

BLURB : 2/5

Wished that the description of the book had more words than just someone that was scared of his face, that part really got me confused which didn't suit the story when they brought up a killer that might be connected to the dark past of Taehyung, could it be that Taehyung didn't like his face because his face would bring up this killer that's close to him? Maybe, but we won't know till later, which is one reason why I got confused about how this story and the description has two different meaning.

FIRST CHAPTER : 7/10

Including a short prologue that's exactly the same as the blurb really didn't suit the beginning of a story. The first chapter was the reason for me to continue to read the story, it captured the past and brought it to the present and how Ari, was dealing with all these difficulties and wanted the love of a child again. That's when we knew Taehyung would appear soon, the author did a good job of capturing us with the way the first few chapters were. You must remember good prologue needs a good few chapters for readers to not get bored, but if you don't have a good prologue that captures attention you must at least have a good few chapters written for readers to not lose attention in your story.

GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY : 10/10

I found the story to be well-written; there were no parts that confused me or words that appeared out of the blue; the author chose words that described each character without using the same ones repeatedly.

WRITING STYLE : 10/10

The author gave the absolute best way to describe everything that went through the story, everything went smoothly, as a reader and a judge, I can say I loved how the story goes, the writing was never written in a different way, usually books have some chapters that might not seem to catch anyone's attention but the author founds ways to capture the attention needed for each chapter!