The End

Whiskers and Lola held their eyes closed even after they hit the ground, just as the sandcastle collapsed to the ground. It unleased a huge yet brief sandstorm. Everyone closed their eyes and held their breaths as sand flew everywhere. When the sand finally cleared Whiskers and Lola, inhaled and exhaled fast as they could, believing they were dead. Finally, they opened their eyes and noticed they were being hugged. It was Brandy, Ed and Meryl and Cheryl, holding Whiskers and Lola in their laps; having woken up in time to catch them. 

Without saying a word, they all hugged each other, relieved it was finally over. Then someone came over to them. It was Sage and Ruby, bruised but not bloodied. Ruby stretched her hand out to Whiskers. He slowly moved his hand toward hers and got him to his feet. Sage did the same to Brandy and Ed. 

"Thank you, Whiskers," Ruby said. "You really saved the day." "Well, I can't take all the credit," Whiskers insisted. "We did it together." 

"Sorry about your sandcastle."

"You know what? It was just a sandcastle."

"No hard feelings, right?" Brandy said. She remembered stealing the boat and wanted to make amends. But Sage replied, "No, I overreacted. I should have listened more carefully. And they both shook hands. "But we're not staying in the Amazon."

This caught Ruby and the Grey Fox by surprise. Not staying in the Amazon? After all, they've been through. 

"We came here to live. Not to survive. I was too blind to see. Also, I was no better than the poachers back in Florida. Maybe the Amazon is no fit for foxes like us. Maybe-" "Now hold on a second!" Lola interrupted. "I understand how guilty you feel for all of this. But you don't need to be alone."

"Yeah Mr. Sage," Ed added. "Join us. You and everyone else can make a new home for yourselves and never worry again.

While all of this was going, Gaspar and the apes and monkeys woke up. As Gaspar saw them, he command, "GET THEM!" But the apes and monkey having had enough of their 'friend's' antics left. 

"Hey where are you all going? Come back!"

The apes and monkeys ignored him and continued to walk away. "Come back! Don't leave me!" Gaspar pleaded as he attempted to follow them. Suddenly he felt something fall on his tail. Gaspar screamed in pain. 

"Enough." Brandy said. "SAGE! ENOUGH!"

"As you wish."

Sage lifted his foot off Gaspar's tail and picked him up with his hand. He put him close to his face and said, "You will see what happens when you double-cross me...gecko."

He walked with Gaspar still in his hand and walked toward the boat on the shore, being followed by Brandy, Whiskers, Ed, Lola, Meryl, Cheryl, and the Grey Fox. Sage threw Gaspar into the boat and summoned all the Grey Fox inside, Ruby included. 

"So, you made your decision." Whiskers said. "I respect it."

Gaspar pleaded with the group to save him with the Grey Fox. But they were fed up with his antics as they have worn thin every episode, Brandy, Whiskers, Ed, Meryl, Cheryl, and Lola waved goodbye and smiled as Gaspar screamed like a little girl, going with the Grey Fox. They all had the last laugh of Gaspar.

As for the human construction workers that Brandy took down, they were gone, most likely retreated from the Amazon. Guess they finally learned that in the end, nature always wins.

One day later, Brandy and Mr. Whiskers walked up to a volcano. She was going to do something that she'd never thought she would do. After getting to the top of the volcano, Brandy took a look at her collar before pulling it off her head. As her family had forgotten about her, there was no point in wearing that collar anymore. 

"Uh Brandy, isn't that your collar?" Whiskers asked.

"It was, Whiskers," Brandy replied with a somber look. "Not anymore since I'm no longer a Harrington. She looked through the volcano's hole and back at her collar. Flashbacks zapped through her mind when she had it all until, she met Whiskers on the plane. 

Finally, she opened her hand, and the collar fell out. Brandy watched it fell all the way through until it hit the lava. It disintegrated slowly until it was gone. Brandy's eyes welled up with tears. Whiskers came to her, and he placed a hand on her back. 

Brandy looked at Whiskers and she smiled at him. She may not have had the family reunion, but she still had a friend. Holding hands, they left the volcano and headed home to continue living their lives in the Amazon rainforest. And hopefully never fight as much ever again.

THE END