Kidnapped

Whiskers looked all around the area trying to find who was crying for help. "Those voices sound familiar, where are they?"  He thought. He looked far to the left and he spotted two female toucans with colored stripes on their beaks, locked in a birdcage. It was Meryl and Cheryl! No wonder Lola couldn't find them, they were kidnapped! 

Whiskers knew he had to save them but that would mean risking his life as well. Then his brain popped out and gave him two options; "You're a rabbit with powerful legs and can leave nasty bites so you can avoid the workers, or you could wait until nighttime when most if not everybody is asleep in their tents, you can find the key to the cage." 

"Tents, what tents?" Whiskers asked. "I didn't see any." 

"Look."

Whiskers looked again and he saw like nine or ten tents scattered all over the area. After thinking carefully about it, he gave his answer. "Let's wait." So, the brain popped back into Whiskers's head, and he stopped peeking through the bushes, putting his arms around his legs, waiting and almost falling asleep."

When evening came, Whiskers looked through the bushes, everything was quiet, the machines were off, the workers were gone most likely sleeping in their tents, and Meryl and Cheryl were also asleep. "Okay, let's do this." Whiskers thought as he tiptoed out of the bushes and into the open construction area. His heart pounded as he looked around, hoping not to get spotted. Suddenly, he heard some loud voices, mostly laughs. Whiskers froze in his tracks and looked right. One of the tents was still lit with human silhouettes like animated shadow puppets. 

"There's got to be more to this," Whiskers thought. "But first things first." As he proceeded toward the birdcage, Meryl and Cheryl were asleep with their heads against each other. They usually get into fights, but they were sleeping with each other like this was going to be their last night. 

Whiskers approached the cage and whispered so as not to alert everyone, "Meryl, Cheryl?" They didn't hear them. He whispered to them again. He needed them to tell them where the key to the cage was so he could free them. Still no answer. So, Whiskers took a stick lying on the ground and gently poked their feet. Meryl and Sheryl groaned and twitched a bit yet still didn't wake up. 

Whiskers grew impatient that he whacked both toucan sisters on their stomachs, finally waking them up. They freaked and flew around the cage, like they had a nightmare. Without hesitation, Whiskers grabbed them both by the beaks to shush them. 

"SSShhhhhh, Cheryl, Meryl, it's me; Mr. Whiskers." He spoke. The sisters ceased squirming and looked at the rabbit. 

"Oh my, Whiskers?" Meryl said. 

"What are you doing here?" Cheryl added shaking Whiskers's hand.

"I have come to save you, but I don't know how.

"Where's Brandy? Isn't she usually with you?"

"We'll talk about this later. Right now, you got to tell me where the key is so I can get you both out." 

"Actually Whiskers, I don't you need the key to get us out," Meryl replied. "You see that thin tiny steel pin lying behind you on the ground?"

Whiskers turned around and spotted a thin tiny steel pin on the sharp. He picked it up and showed it to Meryl. 

"You mean this one?"

"Yes, that one, give it me."

He passed it to her who inserted it into the big lock and began slowly picking, trying to open it. Whiskers kept a lookout, for any workers who come out into the open. But Whiskers's eyelids grew heavy and began to fall down. He was getting sleepy. 

"No, no, no," he thought. "Not now, not yet. I got friends to rescue." 

"Girl, you taking too long! Lemme do it!" Cheryl said.

"No way, girl! You're gonna break the pin!"

Suddenly in typical Meryl and Cheryl fashion, they began punching and kicking each other, inadvertently rocking the cage. Whiskers, who was fighting to stay awake, was too tired to notice what was going on. Finally, he crumbled into a ball and fell asleep. 

The toucan sisters who still brawling, launched their cage in the air about forty feet, like a rocket before falling back to the ground with a crash, landing on Whiskers. The birdcage imploded, leaving only the bars; Meryl and Sheryl were free! 

"Hey girl we're free, we're free!" cried Cheryl. Suddenly a low voice shouted, "HEY, WHAT'S GOING ON OUT THERE!?" 

The sisters looked to the left and heard some crawling and an unzipping sound coming from one of the tents. 

"Cheryl, Whiskers! Time to go!" cried Meryl. She and Meryl started to leave until they noticed Whiskers wasn't with them. 

"Whiskers? Where is that boy?"

They looked back and spotted Whiskers sleeping heavy. They ran back to wake him up, but he was sleeping like a log. Meryl and Sheryl grew nervous. 

"What are we going to do Cheryl?"

"Forget it, Meryl! There's no way we're about to carry him out of here."

 "So this is how you repay him?"

Cheryl was about to protest again until she stopped and noticed Meryl with Whiskers, unable to wake up. She heard the footsteps approaching. Finally, she jumped in, grabbing Whiskers legs with her feet and Meryl gripping his wrists with her feet also. 

"At the count of three!" Meryl cried. One, two, three!"

The toucans flapped the wings up and down as hard as they could trying to lift the rabbit in the air. They lifted out slowly, they could feel the weight of the rabbit, pulling them down but they kept flapping and flapping until they were out of sight from the camp into the starry night sky. 
As they flew further, they spotted something familiar, it was Brandy and Whiskers's treehouse. Exhausted, Meryl and Cheryl flew a bit closer before passing out, freefalling straight for the treehouse. All three crashed into the steel door, knocking them out. The door flew open and there was Brandy with her arm all bandaged up form Lola's bite. 

"Oh my goodness!" she shouted. "Guys, you okay!?" They just moaned and groaned. Brandy immediately dragged Whiskers, Meryl, and Cheryl back inside before closing the door.