Chapter 2: Mission

Third person POV

You were in your apartment getting all the items you would need in order to retrieve the piece of The Dark Armor. You went ahead and packed a satchel to carry your phone and a knife in case any grounds keepers were there. "Man, those guys were tough." You thought, really hoping you wouldn't run into them, while you were there. 

You finally got ready to go. You opened you window and leapt out onto a ladder. You climbed up to the roof of your apartment building. Then you jumped from building to building heading toward the garden.

Technically this was your first solo mission for the Foot. You have never been assigned a mission by yourself from your sensei's. You kinda had a bittersweet about it.

You were both excited and nervous about the mission. You began to think about every that could possibly go wrong. What if you lost the piece of The Dark Armor. Your sensei's would kill you if that happened, but then again if you did however retrieve it and bring it to your sensei's in one piece then they would definitely give you more solo missions. 

Once you arrived at the garden you tried to remember where you saw it. You remembered it was on a decorative rock in the garden, but when you saw it you were busy fighting those grounds keepers and had forgotten the exact location.

You began to look for the piece quietly around the garden in order not to alarm any grounds keepers working there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mikey's POV 

I was getting ready to go to the garden. I grabbed my sketch book and a pencil pouch full of drawing pencils and erasers. "I'm so excited!" I thought as I left my room to head to the greenhouse over at the garden.

 When I left my room Leo was skateboarding on the skate ramp and Raph was watching him. He was showing and started doing a bunch of flips and spins. Then eventually he slipped and face planted right in front of me.

"Omi Gosh! Are you ok!?" I said in a panic 

"Don't worry Mike I'm fine." He said standing up and giving me a thumbs up. I smiled 

"You heading out?" He asked. "Mhm" I hummed smiling and heading toward the latter. 

"OK have fun!" He said as I was climbing the ladder. "Will do!"

Just then I heard Raph say "Be careful, and get back before midnight!"

"Alright Raph, I will." I said as I lifted the man hole cover.

I headed over the stairs leading up to the roof of the building next to me, and began to walk up them. Once I got up there I looked out at New York. "It feels like I can see all of New York from here." I said. 

Then I slowly breathed in through my nose, taking a deep breathe and letting it out. "I guess I better hurry there sense Raph gave me a curfew." I said. Then began to jump from. Building to building heading toward the garden.

When I got there I opened one of the doors to the greenhouse and I quietly entered in case someone was there. I looked around and I was pretty sure no one was there so I went ahead and found a pretty light-blue flower and began to sketch it out in my sketchbook. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV

After I looked for about 30 minutes I finally found the piece of The Dark Armor. I climbed up some rocks to reach it. Once I was eye level with the Armor I tried pulling it out but I couldn't. It was stuck. I tried using my knife to pry it out but it didn't work. 

"Maybe there is some tools I could use in the greenhouse." I thought. I started to run over to greenhouse to see if there were any tools I could use to pry The Dark Armor of the rock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mikey's POV

I was almost sketching the basic shapes of the flower I was drawing when I heard a door open. I panicked and quickly jumped into a bush to hid. I looked out of the bush to see who it was. I noticed they had a Foot recruit uniform on.

"Why is there a Foot recruit here, they already got the Dark Armor? And why are they by themselves?" I wondered. 

They were digging through a bin full of tools for gardening. Just then they picked up a shovel. 

I tried to lean over a little bit to get a better look at what they were doing and I leaned a little too far and fell over in the bush. The bush made a rustle sound and they looked over at the bush confused. 

They yelled "Whose there. I have a shovel and I know how to use it."  Inching closer to the bush.

I went out the back of the bush where they couldn't see me and I ran. Just then they started running after me yelling "Come back!"

I kept running until I realized they weren't there anymore. "Maybe they gave up." I wondered as I headed back for my stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV

"I don't have time to look for some random person, I have to get armor." I said slowing down, letting them run away.

I ran back to the rock. "I have to get it quickly, there's no telling who that person is or what they know." 

I finally got to the rock and I climbed up. After a little bit I was able to pry the armor off the rock. I took it in my hand and I climbed down. 

Just then I heard someone say "That's why your here!" I gasped because he surprised and I turned around and I saw one of those turtles The Foot was fighting earlier.

"Your trying to get a piece of The Dark Armor!" I started running away from him as fast as I could.

"I can't be the reason The Foot Clan lost a piece and wasn't able to raise The Shredder."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mikey's POV

I ran after he as fast as I could l. Man, they were fast. Sense I was so far away from them I kept swinging my Kusari-fundo in order to pull the armor as they were running. When I swang it toward The Dark Armor in there hand I accidentally wrapped it around their wrist.

I had thought I wrapped it around the armor so I pulled it back, but instead they came flying at me. When they flew toward me they hit my plastron and both of us fell to the ground.

"Omi gosh! I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I asked and I didn't get a reply. I looked over toward them and they were knocked out! I checked to make sure that they were still breathing. Thank God they were.

"What do I do now?" I thought to myself in a panic. "I can't just leave them here. What if they have a head injury?" 

Without thinking twice, I picked them up and headed home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1163 words

Thank you so much for reading! 

Constructive criticism is appreciated!